• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
personally, I would wait for a 2019 GT and confirmation that for has identified and corrected the issues with the 2018 models. I know that's what a warranty is for but it's no fun constantly taking a car in for service or not having it for extended periods of time.

I am a Ford guy and Have owned mustangs for 20 years but in my opinion I would seriously consider a 392 or a Scat pac. the S550 is a more nimble car, aftermarket is cheaper but the overall fit and finish on the Challenger is better and I like the interior better than the S550. But there is no denying that the damn things are heavy. I'm just glad you aren't considering a Camaro. Lol.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I wouldn't bother asking if mustang guys on a mustang forum would tell you to buy a scat pack lol. Most are so brand loyal they can't even imagine buying something else. Some maybe. I just saw the new 2019 scat wide body. It looks awesome. If the 6.4 was capable of the mods a mustang or camaro have I'd buy one. But from what I've seen they don't like mods as much and tuning is very limited. I'd buy a Hellcat first as they actually have an aftermarket backing. If i didnt want to touch a car and couldn't mod it, the scat would get my vote based solely on looks and the massive amount of standard features they come with.
I mean if you go on Camaro6 they would tell you to buy a Camaro and if you go on one of the Challenger forums that are not dead they will tell you to buy a Challenger :shrug:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I had a 16 ScatPac that I traded for my GT350. I went through a McDonalds drive through in it and the really cute teen girl in the window says, "Don't you ever get tired of driving that thing? It's so.....Boatie."
ScatPac wasn't a bad car, don't regret trading it away though.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I had a 16 ScatPac that I traded for my GT350. I went through a McDonalds drive through in it and the really cute teen girl in the window says, "Don't you ever get tired of driving that thing? It's so.....Boatie."
ScatPac wasn't a bad car, don't regret trading it away though.
same here, I enjoyed driving my ScatPack and my wife loved all the creature comforts. I just had a hard time getting over how large it was and the lack of aftermarket stuff compared to Mustang and Camaro.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I'd be happy with either car but I can't do a automatic in a Muscle Car. Thats just lame :headbonk::lol::cool:

Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
ok i owned a 15 A8 scat it was a lot of fun and ran 11.7s 116mph and could carry 4 people and luggage with ease .great car and its do everything car ..Transmission was great and value too ...wide body not my cup of tea but you need to pay for it and so should buy what you like -that said ...I just recently traded my 1362 mile 16 A8 2SS camaro this past 10 days ago for a 18 Mustang GT A10 3:55 gear Performance Pack with Active Exhaust ..I also own a 17 Hellcat A8 too
Let me tell you i love my hellcat its a beast 10.70s on tire only 130mph traps and ride and handles darn good ..BUT this new 18 Mustang is an absolute Freaking blast of a car .IT revs to the moon its Faster than you could ever want or expect out of 307 ci motor and the transmission is insane i dont get out of my hellcat and ever feel like the mustang is a step down --different deliverys yes but both accomplish the fun factor equally as well in different ways ..The Coyote engine makes the best noise of any car i ever heard and i had some 700-950 hp cars that revved 8500 that were not this smooth and fun ..with all the cars i owned This 18 mustang GT is in my Top 3 cars of all time ..Even stone Stock this car impresses me all i want to do is Drive it ..Hope this helps with your choice ..Good luck

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I'd be happy with either car but I can't do a automatic in a Muscle Car. Thats just lame :headbonk::lol::cool:
drove sticks all my Life and even rowed a 9.70car 140mph car in 14 ..The Dodge 8 speeds and new Ford/gm 10 speed is absolutly rediculous on both up and down shifts and too call it Lame is an ignorant statment .Drive one for more than a test drive and you may understand ..normally its a prefrance but as of now its the Better choice and faster choice which is a bonus too and very fun also .i dont miss a manual any longer out 7 of my fast car friends in the past 3 years all of us die hard 6 speed guys 5 of us have 8 speeds or 10s now and no body is regretted it yet or looking Back ...not to mention the MT82 is a GLASS JAW transmission ,once tremec was removed from the line up that was it for me .my 12 coyote had MT82 ..it garbage then and its garbage now ..

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
I have driven , both the Challenger & Chargers. Big & roomy inside with solid power. Lots of incentives & good pricing at Dodge. All about preference & what you want the car for. Mustang offers much more in the customization factor ,all around.:cheers:

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Dodge makes decent trucks...their cars shouldn't feel like your driving one. Drove a challenger while my mustang was in the shop for hail damage..took all over 30min before I was missing the stang.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I test drove and loved a 392 T/A. Was a blast and super comfortable. Felt way faster then my GT.. BUT they couldn’t get the price anywhere close to what Ford was able to do. I personally liked the T/A over the Scat Packs our dealership had. If Dodge would’ve got the OTD price below 42k like Ford did I would’ve been driving that. I don’t regret my Mustang one bit, but price is what swayed me away from the Challenger.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I have no problems with automatics in a muscle car, which the Challenger/Charger are.. in a Pony car.. namely my Mustang I prefer standard :cheers:
Sponsored