2018 Mustang GT or 2019 Widebody ScatPack or Used Hellcat

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dvonemccoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Range Rover HSE
Trying to decide on which should be my new car. My max price is 50k. Was looking at a 2018 Mustang GT with the 401A package and 10 speed or wait till the new 2019 widebody scatpack comes out later this year. Also was looking at used Hellcat’s. Just want to hear y’all opinions on this. Which one would y’all choose?
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
What's your use profile? Street only? Backroads? Track? Cruiser?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Mustang is the most well rounded. You can get a pp2 stang if your a track guy. A used hellcat. If your a big drag racer.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
OMG, I had a 2016 ScatPack and it was already too big, a widebody is overkill. are tuna boats coming back in style?

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
OMG, I had a 2016 ScatPack and it was already too big, a widebody is overkill. are tuna boats coming back in style?
No kidding they are 4300 plus pound boats. The 392 is torquey engine, but no thanks.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I wouldn't bother asking if mustang guys on a mustang forum would tell you to buy a scat pack lol. Most are so brand loyal they can't even imagine buying something else. Some maybe. I just saw the new 2019 scat wide body. It looks awesome. If the 6.4 was capable of the mods a mustang or camaro have I'd buy one. But from what I've seen they don't like mods as much and tuning is very limited. I'd buy a Hellcat first as they actually have an aftermarket backing. If i didnt want to touch a car and couldn't mod it, the scat would get my vote based solely on looks and the massive amount of standard features they come with.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I test drove a 392 a year or two ago. Impressive motor and torque, but its giant overall size and hood made it feel just like the proverbial boat. I didn't like that at all. No bueno.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. 392 is a nice engine, but your piloting the Titanic lol. If all your interested in is straight line performance, then Dodge is for you.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I drove a scat pack too. It’s comfortable and fast. Great torque and they look great too imo. But as been said, they feel huge and are not much fun to hustle unless going straight. They handle well for their size but they are bulky.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Find a gt500 kr , the gt 350 is also a blast to drive . Remember Mopar moments of power are rare .lol

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm probably going to trade the GT in on a 19 Hellcat. It's a boat. But it's a speed boat.:thumbsup:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I like both and kinda in market, I have also been comparing both.

SP WB gets you more HP, WB already includes adaptive suspension, the big brembos, the cool wb look, hellcat front end, 18 hellcat hood, and SRT pages now standard on SP.

I am still leaning more toward the Mustang GT 401A GT/CS fully loaded with active exhaust. security etc. It still brings me almost 5K cheaper than the WB SP with the similiar features which is still over 50K even with invoice pricing. Also the digital dash of the Mustang is so much nicer and more modern than the SP gauge panel, however the SP does have a nice retro analog look, the information center in the middle is alright.

I have driven challengers, so keep in mind parking will be much harder and worse with the sp wb (fenders are kinda closer to the width of the mirrors at about 79" and mirrors are 85" extended, you cannot fold wb fenders in like the mirrors that can be moved kinda inward on the Challenger, but stalks are fixed. However the rear seat of a Challenger is very nice and roomy vs a Mustang.

Insurance is sometimes higher on a SP vs a Mustang GT if that is something to consider, GT also can take 87 fuel if needed, SP needs at least 91. GT has V8 power 24/7, A8 SP has 4 cyc mode at times, yet GT keeps the MPG.

I love the WB SP and I would get that package for a SP, but I have also found that the 20x11 wheels are like at around $900 each and if you gotta replace them..... $$$ and the WB tire size gives you very limited options, there are like maybe only 2 All Season tires options available at 305/35/20...

Many current Challenger WB owners are suffering constant rock chips kick up from all the tires, so you would need to look at Zl1 add on demon wb rock guards etc.

I am leaning more toward a fully loaded GT/CS (bigger aftermarket, more agile driving, more advanced engine and transmission, easier to park in my car port, will not attract as much attention from the wrong crowds (challengers/Chargers get stolen a lot in my area, and being a WB will make it hotter) I do not really carry 2+ pax, need for rear seat.

You can order a 2019 SP WB now, they are accepting orders since 6/29. However the color I like is Triple Nickel, it is like an ingot silver, but late availability and some trying to order B5 blue was told it was late availability as well, so you can get other colors now and the car should come in late August, otherwise you may have to order around January to get the Silver and B5 Blue.

A 1320 drag pack SP is also late availability