2018 Mustang GT - Light Issue - Canadian version

calistag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I should specify that the lack of a gear indicator when in the full auto modes seems to only affect the analog gauges with the small digital display.
Gotcha. Thanks!
Sponsored

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Only the fog lights and fin lights are drls on the 15 to 17. The Orange parking lights only come on with the headlights or parking light selector setting.
Only the fog lights and fin lights are drls on the 15 to 17. The Orange parking lights only come on with the headlights or parking light selector setting.
Sorry my mistake. I was so used to using the parking lights as DRL's on my 17 GT since I wanted the back lights on as well.

5.0GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yesterday I finally got around to using ForScan and fixing the DRL issue. I'm happy to report that it worked! My DRL's now behave like the 2015-2017's (inner fin lights, orange corner lights, and lower fog lights. The DRL can also be forced by switching the lights to 'park' mode and will stay in that mode regardless of exterior lighting conditions. Full lights can still be forced by switching to 'lights' as before, and 'auto' will switch between DRL and full as usual.

These were the codes I changed for the DRL issues...
726-45-01: xxxx 7Fxx xxxx
726-26-02: x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01: 04xx <<04 turns on the foglights with DRL, I will try 01 which doesn't turn on the foglights, hopefully this will still allow them to be used independently with the foglight switch on/off and work in DRL mode. This is how it worked with my 2017 GT).

There are a few more settings I'm going to try such as..
- 'dark mode' for the lighting options
- manually controlling the fog lights independently from the DRL's (currently they always come on with the DRL and can't be switch off),
- adding the option for Fog Lights to be activated as DRLs through the Instrument Cluster (IPC)
- adding the 'Vacuum/Boost' readings to the instrument cluster
- changing the panic alarm on the key fob so that it requires 2 presses instead of 1
- increasing the turn signal lane change # of flashes from the default of 3 (quick/temporary movement of turn signal lever
- turning on the 'Average Speed Indicator' within the Instrument Cluster (shows average speed between trip resets).

Now if someone could find a code that always displays the gear indicator while in auto 'drive' or auto 'sport' modes that would be great! The F-150 always shows the gear when in auto mode, so why doesn't the Mustang? :yawn:
Yesterday I finally got around to using ForScan and fixing the DRL issue. I'm happy to report that it worked! My DRL's now behave like the 2015-2017's (inner fin lights, orange corner lights, and lower fog lights. The DRL can also be forced by switching the lights to 'park' mode and will stay in that mode regardless of exterior lighting conditions. Full lights can still be forced by switching to 'lights' as before, and 'auto' will switch between DRL and full as usual.

726-50-01: 04xx <<04 turns on the foglights with DRL, I will try 01 which doesn't turn on the foglights, hopefully this will still allow them to be used independently with the foglight switch on/off and work in DRL mode. This is how it worked with my 2017 GT).

- manually controlling the fog lights independently from the DRL's (currently they always come on with the DRL and can't be switch off),
- adding the option for Fog Lights to be activated as DRLs through the Instrument Cluster (IPC)
- changing the panic alarm on the key fob so that it requires 2 presses instead of 1
- increasing the turn signal lane change # of flashes from the default of 3 (quick/temporary movement of turn signal lever
- turning on the 'Average Speed Indicator' within the Instrument Cluster (shows average speed between trip resets).

Now if someone could find a code that always displays the gear indicator while in auto 'drive' or auto 'sport' modes that would be great! The F-150 always shows the gear when in auto mode, so why doesn't the Mustang? :yawn:
I noticed that you’re in the Lower Mainland like me, just got a 2022 Mustang and it still has lighting issue. If you are still active on here I wanted to ask you about Forscan!

Hey there I noticed that you are in the Lower Mainland like me. I just bought a 2022 GT and it still has this lighting issue. If you are still active on here I would like to ask you about Forscan!
Sponsored