2018 Mustang GT, GT350 steering wheel

mtrout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Things changed in 2018. While a wheel made for a 2015-2017 model can be made to fit, it requires some scraping and forcing, with which I'm not at all comfortable around an airbag. There's a slight difference in the fitment of a 2018+ car.
Impatience on my part (I waited almost 8 months for the wheel I ordered before I gave up and canceled it, then ordering from Vivid Racing; not a week later the original wheel I ordered arrived) has left me with two custom steering wheels for 2018+ GT, 350 and 350R. I had already installed the original one when it arrived months ago. I installed the Vivid Racing one (which just arrived last week) only to make sure everything was right, and to take a photo. It has semi-square top, square bottom, carbon fiber (with German tri-color) and red perforated red leather. Includes all controls. Install is just plug-and-play. Cost me $1300. Will sell brand-new, in the original box, for half that, including shipping.

Vivid Racing CF steering wheel #2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
mpeychev

mpeychev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin Peychev
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is the steering wheel I ended up going with. Matched my blue/yellow theme pretty well.

CCEFBA38-D3FD-4718-BE5D-A14C1A85B22F.jpeg

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Way better in black. How is the feel; it looks thick.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
The 350R wheel is not listed anymore on CJponyparts website. It looks like the 350R wheel for 2018+ models was 270 few months ago and the price is now double. It's around 550 for the same wheel. :headbang:
Sorry... what’s the main difference between the two? And any newer best deals to find on these?

OP
OP
mpeychev

mpeychev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin Peychev
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Way better in black. How is the feel; it looks thick.
Thank you! I definitely love it.

The thickness is pretty nice, overall I like it better than the thinner feeling steering wheels. I just don’t like the hand position for the 10 and 3 positions. It’s not round and awkwardly squared off.

Sponsored

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
Has anyone been able to reprogram the GT350 buttons and map them to the GT’s? Man I would love to have direct access to shocks and steering via the buttons and forget the NAV stuff. Also like the phone buttons on the left like the GT350.
Anything in FORSCAN?

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Has anyone been able to reprogram the GT350 buttons and map them to the GT’s? Man I would love to have direct access to shocks and steering via the buttons and forget the NAV stuff. Also like the phone buttons on the left like the GT350.
Anything in FORSCAN?
I tried installing those from a GT500, thinking both have a digital dash so should be more of a direct fit, but it sure didn't work. I think it is all in the digital dash firmware and as built changes. I gave up.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
I tried installing those from a GT500, thinking both have a digital dash so should be more of a direct fit, but it sure didn't work. I think it is all in the digital dash firmware and as built changes. I gave up.
Thanks for the feedback. Figure it would need some serious coding somewhere. But once the mapping was found would be easy to reassign. But yeah, flashing firmware no bueno and lots could go wrong.
Sponsored