Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Borla S-Type with 60661 Resonator

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I swapped my 2018 GT to a Borla catback (stainless S-type since they don't offer a touring level) and I also added in their 60661 optional resonator. I couldn't find any videos of this exhaust on an 18 with the resonator so I'm posting a cold and warm start here. Not a ton of revs in either video - I have neighbors with little ones, but it sound really good. With off-road headers finding a less than "raped ape" screaming exhaust combo was tough - but this one is really good and is extremely well built. I hope this helps anyone doing some exhaust shopping!

40* weather - first is a true cold start. The second video is after I let it warm up and started it again.

I'm also selling my MBRP exhaust that's 2 months old with only 300 miles on it here - as I'm going to stay with the Borla setup!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mbrp-pro-series-stainless-street-3-catback-2018-gt.117624/
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
You have the Touring cat-back setup now?
For the 15-17' S-Type cat-back, you can replace the x-pipe with resonator which is identical to Touring. Not sure if 18-19s are the same.
Anyways sounds really good!

I also have S-Type and just ordered the Resonator. Cant wait to try it out. The 45deg cold starts are pretty loud.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Thanks! As far as I can tell anyway they don't make a "touring" for 18+ - I think the mufflers are different in the s-type than touring as well as the added resonator. I'm definitely happy with it. It was this combo or the Ford Performance touring but that's not as nice a piece in finish quality as the Borla.

Last edited:

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
FRP exhausts are made by Borla :)

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I know, but finish and appearance and pipe size and muffler design are all different. I loved my FRPP on my first GT PP car!

Sponsored

Sh4d0wBl4ck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I swapped my 2018 GT to a Borla catback (stainless S-type since they don't offer a touring level) and I also added in their 60661 optional resonator. I couldn't find any videos of this exhaust on an 18 with the resonator so I'm posting a cold and warm start here. Not a ton of revs in either video - I have neighbors with little ones, but it sound really good. With off-road headers finding a less than "raped ape" screaming exhaust combo was tough - but this one is really good and is extremely well built. I hope this helps anyone doing some exhaust shopping!

40* weather - first is a true cold start. The second video is after I let it warm up and started it again.

I'm also selling my MBRP exhaust that's 2 months old with only 300 miles on it here - as I'm going to stay with the Borla setup!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mbrp-pro-series-stainless-street-3-catback-2018-gt.117624/

You said you have off road headers too? Do your mid pipes neck down or does this resonator have 3" inlet/ outlets?

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
You said you have off road headers too? Do your mid pipes neck down or does this resonator have 3" inlet/ outlets?
I have the stock connection catless midpipes (necked down to stock resonator diameter - which mates directly to stock or Borla inlet's on the resonator) - the inlets on the Borla resonator are matched to what the stock size was - I just sold the car to a forum member from WY and he called me driving it home just now and all I could hear was him get on it with that exhaust and blower wine!

Retired.1893

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT , PP1

Thanks for this write up back in 2019. I actually have a 2019 PP1 , off-road heads, Lund tune with a Corsa Extreme system, w/active valves. The Corsa Extreme IMO with the headers is insanely loud ,high pitched and not very enjoyable. I decided to switch to the Borla S-Type catback with the 60661 resonator. I'm hoping this finally gets me the sound/tone I'm looking for with the headers. there is only two videos of this setup with headers that I can find anywhere on the internet, yours being one of them. Do you have any other videos or review of this setup ? are you still happy with it? Does it give you a deeper less raspy sound on pulls, downshifts rev match etc. ?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks for this write up back in 2019. I actually have a 2019 PP1 , off-road heads, Lund tune with a Corsa Extreme system, w/active valves. The Corsa Extreme IMO with the headers is insanely loud ,high pitched and not very enjoyable. I decided to switch to the Borla S-Type catback with the 60661 resonator. I'm hoping this finally gets me the sound/tone I'm looking for with the headers. there is only two videos of this setup with headers that I can find anywhere on the internet, yours being one of them. Do you have any other videos or review of this setup ? are you still happy with it? Does it give you a deeper less raspy sound on pulls, downshifts rev match etc. ?
When I had Corsa Xtremes and added long tubes I found the tone got way too trumpety. I added a pair of Vibrant 1794s and it cleaned up that tone and brought the volume down a tad. I ultimately cutoff the Corsa mufflers and resonators and added AWE Touring rear section to the double x into ARH. Much better tone, more character in the lower rpms, still screamed up top. My favorite sounding setup on this build so far.
Sponsored