Sponsored

2018+ Mustang GT (10r80) Fuel cut/Bogging

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Don't know where to start. Its a new vehicle barely driven only have 4300 km on the odometer. But the problem is recent and intermittent. No check engine aswell making it harder to find out

When i am flooring it getting close to shift point 7k+ the engine will stop pulling like if you hit a wall for a brief moment and then go hard again. Happens here and there i never know when.

I was in track mode, shifter in D and traction control aswell advance trac completely turned off. By holding 10 second the switch

Need help, hopefully someone has gone thru this before me and can help
Sponsored

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I forgot to say, its 100% stock. Even the oil is motorcraft

And its on 94 octane since bought.

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Dealership appointment done. Going to drop it next week to see if they can find out whats going wrong with it

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The only way around it is getting a reputable tuner with a 10R80 tune...

Go to HPTuners website and read all the threads regarding the 10R80 - here’s one regarding shift points and the limp mode:
https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?75524-10R80-Shift-Points

The Dealership isn’t going to take your car out on the highway and up to 7k+ and “race it” to see if they can replicate the problem. Don’t expect them to do so....

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote

Go to HPTuners website and read all the threads regarding the 10R80 - here’s one regarding shift points and the limp mode:

The Dealership isn’t going to take your car out on the highway and up to 7k+ and “race it” to see if they can replicate the problem. Don’t expect them to do so....
Uh wait, my car isn't getting into limp mode, and my problem is not 6-7 gearshift it happens in all gear intermittent. But when it happens its 6800-7000 rpm i would say it happen quick just like the engine aint getting anymore fuel and then it pick up again and continue pulling. No check engine / No traction control light flashing either

Sponsored

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
But i understand the whole thing of, the dealer isn't going to take my car out to break speed limit and takes chance to crash it going WOT. But they don't have any worktools to verify fuel pressure or misfire stuff in real time datalogging ?

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Am i the only one to have this motor hesitation ? :(

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Well i did test last night at the drag strip, and it dint glitch at all. Worked perfectly all night i don't know if i got a bad tank of fuel or something. Strange

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote

You were right, dealership did verification. Road test & they plugged it on oasis and ids.
Nothing wrong with the car, its just the way the transmission protects itself under rare circumstances.

OP
OP

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
So yeah everything is good, the car is just as its suppose to be. Just got worried first time i felt the power holdup
But i don't have much driver seat time on it, its fairly new so
Sponsored