Sponsored

2018 Mustang Exhaust mode video

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The negative comments regarding the Active Exhaust are very interesting.....is it just because it is a factory option rather than an aftermarket add-on? .....I had no idea the your level of manhood was based upon the db level of your exhaust......learn something new every day.
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The negative comments regarding the Active Exhaust are very interesting.....is it just because it is a factory option rather than an aftermarket add-on? .....I had no idea the your level of manhood was based upon the db level of your exhaust......learn something new every day.
MAGA, bish! *pounds chest*

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Active exhaust is a standalone option, so...no, it won't impact anything else. Doesn't hurt to read into the subject.

The macho bravado attempts in here are seriously hilarious.
Stand alone...besides being required to purchase the 301a option for $2000. For anyone not interested in the 301a, the active exhaust is going to be a $2895 upgrade.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Stand alone...besides being required to purchase the 301a option for $2000. For anyone not interested in the 301a, the active exhaust is going to be a $2895 upgrade.
How else would those people expect to interface with it? 301A is exactly what everyone with 15-17 base cars bitched and moaned about (getting tech&luxuries without leather). Now they have it. Seems like another win to me.

Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Assuming the sport/track settings sound good, that alone is worth the $895 or whatever it is in my opinion. I'd probably keep it there all the time. That's a good price for a nice exhaust especially from the factory. The being able to quiet it down is just marketing and extra fluff.

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I want to hear this active exhaust in track mode with catless headers. I might trade up sometime late 2018 before emissions hit on my 2015.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
How else would those people expect to interface with it? 301A is exactly what everyone with 15-17 base cars bitched and moaned about (getting tech&luxuries without leather). Now they have it. Seems like another win to me.
There were plenty out there that didn't wan't all of the 301a garbage....they just wanted the larger screen. The problem you have now is...you have to have it in order to get the exhaust.

So the MY18 base price went up $1900 and you have to spend an additional $3000 to get an exhaust.

Don't get me wrong, if the active exhaust was an option on my 16...I would have purchased it in a heartbeat. It's just aggravating that Ford is packaging a lot of these options together. It makes purchasing any of those upgrades a difficult pill for many to swallow.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I think it is a cool option. If I gave a damn about noise, I would definitely opt for it. I just prefer to have a better flowing and louder exhaust.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
There were plenty out there that didn't wan't all of the 301a garbage....they just wanted the larger screen. The problem you have now is...you have to have it in order to get the exhaust.

So the MY18 base price went up $1900 and you have to spend an additional $3000 to get an exhaust.

It sucks that those who want a base GT are forced to take the 301A for the active exhaust. The GT Premium doesn't require the 401A and on the coupe and 'vert, the active exhaust is a stand-alone option.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
For all those who want a quieter exhaust, lets hope they bring the hybrid version out soon

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
It sucks that those who want a base GT are forced to take the 301A for the active exhaust. The GT Premium doesn't require the 401A and on the coupe and 'vert, the active exhaust is a stand-alone option.
That was my only point. With that said....if the option was available for my 16GT PP premium...I would have bought it in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
For all those who want a quieter exhaust, lets hope they bring the hybrid version out soon
I'd gladly take a Hybrid that is quiet if it's busy laying waste to V8's. While I love the sound of my car, I got it for the performance. Like old school sounds, buy old school cars.

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Active exhaust is a standalone option, so...no, it won't impact anything else. Doesn't hurt to read into the subject.

The macho bravado attempts in here are seriously hilarious.
You're right, my bad. For building and ordering the car you can skip that option. However, I'd be willing to bet they won't have too many premium or performance packs sitting on the lot without that feature.

It has nothing to do with macho bravado and everything to do with the type of car. Stating that a muscle car should have certain features that have been imbedded into the DNA of muscle cars for over 50 years is not "macho bravado".

It'd be a lot like this: if Ford created a Raptor that had an option for low profile tires and 2 wheel drive, and everyone responded with "what? why? it's a Ford Raptor! It's supposed to be rugged, rough and 4 wheel drive!" And then you come along and say things like "the macho bravado attempts in here are seriously hilarious". When in reality the only thing hilarious would be creating a 2 wheel drive Ford Raptor with low profile tires. Which would also be a lot like offering a quite exhaust mode on a GT Mustang.

I'll state one last thing; and I'll do a complete 180 on my opinion IF and ONLY IF the exhaust modes for track and sport make your ears bleed. Seriously though, if you don't want a loud car with a good amount of stock HP why even consider the GT? Especially when Ford offers the Ecoboost Mustang, which is a great option, and pretty quick.

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
This is dumb. If an exhaust has the option to be multiple volume levels, that's giving you more choice and flexibility. That isn't a bad thing. If you don't want yours to ever be quiet, then don't make it quiet. Adding an option for quiet does not hurt the "Muscle Car DNA", it makes the car work better for some of its owners!

Some of us would like to start the car in the garage at work without our coworkers thinking we're douchebags, and then make it loud when we're out having fun. Those options do not cause anything bad to happen to people who like their cars loud, it's an incremental gain for those who want flexibility.
Sponsored