Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Damn that 1LE is fast. You can probably get one for $40k and it's "only" 3 seconds slower than a GT350R. I know 3 seconds is an eternity on a race track but on the street are you going to feel that much of a difference? Plus you can't find a GT350R for less than $75k.
You nailed it, on the road feel is what it's all about. It's why I have a Mustang and not a Camaro. The Camaro is great, if you like the view out of a tank porthole.

If I could stomach the insane insurance bump, I'd be in a C7 GS though. Those cars are phenomenal. And you can see out of them. I'm somewhat of a Ford fanboy, but the C7 is special.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
it has the michelins so they are likely part of the PP2.

also i am not certain why people rag on having to get 301a, it has so many things that make the base worth it, i bet many people purchased the premium cause of the bigger screen and better stereo. this is great for many people. granted it does suck you dont have a choice if you want the PP1 but it is a good package to have

9 Speaker Stereo System with Single-CD Player
• Ambient Lighting with MyColor® and 4.2" Cluster
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle Switches
• 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack
• Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)

to me these features are totally worth the 2k, beats spending 4k to get a premium when all i want are these features, leather in az makes no sense.
Those are exactly the same PS4S tires on the regular PP. The pictured wheel above is supposed to be an option for the PP.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Those are exactly the same PS4S tires on the regular PP. The pictured wheel above is supposed to be an option for the PP.
So are you saying the PP2 will have better tires than the PS4S? Cup 2's Perhaps???

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
PP2 has wider wheels too. 9.5" front 10" rear. Who knows Ford might just put the same MPPS4's just wider. I do like them 5 spoke forged wheels, in that picture they have a gun metal grey shade to them kinda like the zo6 from 2003ish.
Where has any info been released on PP2, other than it exists and will be late availability Job1+90? Everything else seems to be speculation.

also i am not certain why people rag on having to get 301a, it has so many things that make the base worth it, i bet many people purchased the premium cause of the bigger screen and better stereo. this is great for many people. granted it does suck you dont have a choice if you want the PP1 but it is a good package to have
Well, I think that considering there is already a 2K price jump, throwing in the 301A as the standard base package would be reasonable. Then Ford could just drop that goofy keypad radio. Probably save themselves some money on a streamlined supply chain. Why do they still have that radio?

Sponsored

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
I asked earlier and was told they are late availability and not a choice yet.
I may be wrong ,but I think that's the wheel 19 x 9.5, 19 x 10 for that other car not net revie;);)led

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
Has there been any pictures of the Midnight Blue interior yet? It's kind of hard to judge from the Build and Price rendering. I ordered it anyways but I guess we'll have to wait and see :shrug: :lol:

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Has there been any pictures of the Midnight Blue interior yet? It's kind of hard to judge from the Build and Price rendering. I ordered it anyways but I guess we'll have to wait and see :shrug: :lol:
I was wondering the same thing. The red interior is actually, well, RED. The blue...I just can't tell if it's just blue stitching or if there is a hint of blue-black pattern on the seats. I am ordering the red just because of the photos that are available. If the blue were like the red, I would probably have gone blue.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Any Know what happened to these wheels? I liked them a lot. Don't see them anywhere in the configurator.

2018-mustang-20-inch-polished-wheel.jpg
These are replacing the silver painted PP wheel option, but aren't available yet. They're 19x9 and 19x9.5, and will also be available as 19x9 square for the EB PP. See this pic.

Guys, regarding the PP2. See this thread.

In particular see this pic, this pic, and this pic.

It would appear that the PP Level 2 673 as mentioned is a separate package from the PP 67G. It will have 19x9.5 and 19x10 staggered wheels and cloth Recaros.

Speculation is that this is the PP Level 2 wheel (process of elimination)

attachment.png

jb86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Those forged wheels on a PP GT in silver with red recaro would be my pick if it wasn't close to 50k lol...May stick with 15 a little longer.

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Those wanting the forged wheels will not be placing orders early, due to the late availability of those optioned wheels. A January /February order?.:faint:

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
First thing I noticed, you can now get nav without getting leather, that is awesome and I am glad to see that...

Went to build my own:

base gt
Orange fury ($495)
10 speed ($1595)
spoiler delete (free)
355 gears ($495)
Nav (795 + forced $2,000 package: $2795)

Total: $41,375

Tried my hardest to keep it as cheap as possible but still went over $40k. I guess I could take off that $2795 Nav to drop it to $38,500 but that tiny screen just looks like it came from the early 2000's and doesn't belong in a close to $40k car...

Going to assume the most you are going to get off this car is roughly $2500ish, and tax brings you right back to the MSRP. So a $41k car.

Much rather take that $41k, add a couple thousand more and get a used Lexus RCF, Cadillac ATS-V, C7 Corvette or alternately search for a left over new 2017 Mustang GT that is fairly loaded and probably come out around $33k and have $7k-8k left over. The 2018 pricing makes it feel like the last thing I would do which is disappointing.

why would you get the 3:55 versus the 3:15 gearing that comes with the 10 speed auto?? Just curious for my future order :shrug:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
This has put me at 90% waiting on the 2018. Thanks. Sometimes the information needs to be presented in just the right way. I wish they had the PP2 information out because I think I'd be looking at a base but would want Recaro seats.
Cloth Recaros in the PP Level 2 with 301A (base upgrade) seems to be confirmed in the order guide, look carefully at this pic: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=134875&d=1500924060

I would also add that since the 2018 is supposed to be at 2017 PP level and the 2018 PP more track ready then that must be similar to the track handling pack they sell now. Plus you get power level of adding the Power Pack level 2.
2018 being at 2017 PP level from strictly a handling standpoint doesn't make any damn sense, and hasn't been substantiated. Just a rumor that has been repeated ad nauseam on this board.

This is what Ford has said on the 2018 suspension:

On all models, new shock absorbers make for better ride control, a new cross-axis joint in the rear suspension leads to increased lateral stiffness, and innovative stabilizer bars bring sharper response and handling.

MagneRide damper technology is a new option with the Mustang Performance Package to optimize ride and handling in all situations.
Source: http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/new-ford-mustang-offers-sleeker-design.html

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the previous 42 pages - I have not read ALL of them, but why does Ford do a CG picture of the car in the build site with the rear wheels and tires so damn set in from the fenders??! Funny that the pics in the brochure have the rear wheels on the PP sticking out almost too much (not what it really looks like) and when you go to build one it looks like they are inset about 6 inches! Makes it look like crap. Talk about needing wheel spacers.... Sorry, my rant is over.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Cloth Recaros in the PP Level 2 with 301A (base upgrade) seems to be confirmed in the order guide, look carefully at this pic: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=134875&d=1500924060

2018 being at 2017 PP level from strictly a handling standpoint doesn't make any damn sense, and hasn't been substantiated. Just a rumor that has been repeated ad nauseam on this board.

This is what Ford has said on the 2018 suspension:

Source: http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/new-ford-mustang-offers-sleeker-design.html
Yes, I have read that page. Thanks. I've also corrected myself on the "rumors". I'm holding out for information on PP2 though if the price is right I may just end up in a 2017. It will be hard to part with the Boss but I'm hoping for a better combination of street/track car. If I can hold out a few years I may be able to keep the Boss then just buy a second Mustang. We'll see.
Sponsored