Sponsored

2018 Mustang Black Accent Package Spied

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
I hope Roush show off their 18 body kits soon. It will be real interesting, how it changes the look.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Front splitter/lower lip spoiler is angled upward!!!! Like I've seen on others.
Take a closer look at 15-17's. Yes, from some angles it looks like it angles up, but when the 18's hit the showroom get your ruler and level out and make some side by side measurements and I bet it's going to be virtually identical.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I hope Roush show off their 18 body kits soon. It will be real interesting, how it changes the look.
If it's like the 15-17 it would ruin them. Purely my opinion, not saying much as I'm not a fan of the 18. Hopefully seeing it in person will change my opinion.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No blacked out tailights for the black out package?

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
No blacked out tailights for the black out package?
Blackout or tint (paint or vinyl) on tailights is technically illegal in a number of states. This link lists a number of discussions on it broken down by states.

Although with how bright our brake light LEDs are, i'm not sure most people would notice the blackout/tint. :eyebulge: :D

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Blackout or tint (paint or vinyl) on tailights is technically illegal in a number of states. This link lists a number of discussions on it broken down by states.

Although with how bright our brake light LEDs are, i'm not sure most people would notice the blackout/tint. :eyebulge: :D
No that's not what I am saying. The current Mustangs come with two types of tail lights. One is normal and the other has tinted red light covers.
s550-mustang-mmd-rear-window-louver.jpg
2015-RTR-Mustang-Rear.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I've never seen the tail lights pictured on the red mustang. Are you sure those aren't aftermarket red overlays?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I've never seen the tail lights pictured on the red mustang. Are you sure those aren't aftermarket red overlays?
No, there are two types of tail lights. Unless you choose black out package or California special package, you get the regular taillights.
The shroud is darker on the black out package and California special. The standard one is transparent.
mecum-mustang-876.jpg
IMG_0152.jpg

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I miss the round fogs. I thought those strips were turn signals at first, but then I saw them up at the headlights?

I'm betting the bottom of the front end is higher because of customer complaints with curbs and parking stops. My '15 has touched a couple of times with me being very careful. I could only imagine an idiot behind the wheel.
Don't worry, after market will come out with an add on to lower the look.

If the wife/finances would allow it, I'd be at the dealership the day the ordering banks opened. Love the new metallic orange.

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
No that's not what I am saying. The current Mustangs come with two types of tail lights. One is normal and the other has tinted red light covers.
Ah, gotcha.

Interesting. I had not noticed that before. :) A woman here at work has a 16 CS in CompO. I need to be more observant :)

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Looks good, too bad they don't black out the mirrors too on the black package.

If I could order a Mustang exactly to spec (like you can with Porsches for lots of $$$$).

I'd do the "Model Designation Delete" option, which would remove the 5.0 from the fenders all together.
Black package, black roof and black mirrors.
Sponsored