2018 Manifold Swap and broken stud

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hey everyone I got all my parts installed today, 18 intake manifold with mmr lockout, 18 stock air box, lu47 injectors, and long tube headers. I have a 2016 mustang gt automatic. Tomorrow I will upload my tune from PBD and then start the car for the first time to see if it runs and has any visible leaks. The install had some problems but I was able to complete it. I had two questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

The first is does the vacuum routing look correct in these photos, I locked out the imrc, the only thing that concerns me is the evap sensor and hoses (green clip) the vacuum lines were very difficult to get on the plastic nipples, so much so that I could only get one hose half way down the nipple in the middle of the intake manifold. I used vacuum lining from the aspirator that connected to the old imrc and brake booster.

The second question is when removing the strut tower brace I somehow broke off a stud that it connects to. I don’t believe its a stud thats part of the strut tower mount but one of the two to the right which hold part of the brace. You can see where it broke in the photos, where should I take the car to get this fixed, Im assuming someone can knock it out and weld a new one in?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

5E23DFA4-8DE8-4252-A3DD-E630240BDEA6.jpeg

C9F86663-58B2-4AF0-B252-C343E626089A.jpeg
CC4B88DD-25CD-4ECE-9B24-CB58A5A46ED5.jpeg
69AA87DC-75FC-4F64-B630-8D6A98C607A8.jpeg
C44F24B6-0210-4E15-9313-45817B8EB990.jpeg
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
pretty sure your vacuum routing is okay. looks to be the same as mine. as for the stud. i did the same thing and drilled out the old stud since its welded from underneath and put a thru bolt and nut on it.

OP
OP
Gtracing2626

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Awesome, thank you kluke15! My main concern is the evap hose, but I'll keep a spare in the trunk in case it ever pops off. Did you have to take the strut off to reach the stud or were you able to get to it by just removing the wheel? Ill either use a thru bolt or I might have a shop weld a bolt in, so it doesn't fall off when removing the nut.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Awesome, thank you kluke15! My main concern is the evap hose, but I'll keep a spare in the trunk in case it ever pops off. Did you have to take the strut off to reach the stud or were you able to get to it by just removing the wheel? Ill either use a thru bolt or I might have a shop weld a bolt in, so it doesn't fall off when removing the nut.
i was able to get to it with just the wheel off but its quite a pita to get to regardless. as for evap, i ended up grabbing some hose from autozone and it fits a bit more snug. you could always throw a little worm clamp on or something for piece of mind. i dont really see a reason it would just pop off but i keep double checking mine for the same reason.

OP
OP
Gtracing2626

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
i was able to get to it with just the wheel off but its quite a pita to get to regardless. as for evap, i ended up grabbing some hose from autozone and it fits a bit more snug. you could always throw a little worm clamp on or something for piece of mind. i dont really see a reason it would just pop off but i keep double checking mine for the same reason.
I'll be out of town for a week but when I get back next weekend, I'll take the wheel off and see if I can get to it. Otherwise I'll let my buddy at the body shop fix and weld a bolt in. Yeah the issue was the evap hose was too snug so I had to force it on, but I'll grab some extra fuel hose and clamps to keep in the trunk just in case.

I had PBD tune the mustang for 93 gas and the car ran great for two days but yesterday the car stalled on me when reversing into my inclined driveway, it's an automatic so stalling wasn't user error lol. Hopefully it was a fluke as I'll be working on datalogging for E85 soon.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be out of town for a week but when I get back next weekend, I'll take the wheel off and see if I can get to it. Otherwise I'll let my buddy at the body shop fix and weld a bolt in. Yeah the issue was the evap hose was too snug so I had to force it on, but I'll grab some extra fuel hose and clamps to keep in the trunk just in case.

I had PBD tune the mustang for 93 gas and the car ran great for two days but yesterday the car stalled on me when reversing into my inclined driveway, it's an automatic so stalling wasn't user error lol. Hopefully it was a fluke as I'll be working on datalogging for E85 soon.
Here is a suggestion for your evap , switch it over to a 18 up . See pics below .
20190610_172219.jpg
20190610_172219.jpg
20190518_143957.jpg
20190505_150409.jpg
Sponsored