Sponsored

2018 License plate mounting holes

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about my hijack. I can tell you the dimples are 8 1/4" apart on the front bumper to accommodate the bracket and 7" apart on the back bumper to match the holes in the license plate on my 2017.
Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
From my photos of an '18, the rear is obviously the same. The front dimples are barely visible in this photo but I do not know the spacing. Hope this helps.
IMG_8029.jpg
IMG_8030.jpg

Boom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ecoboost
Where are the holes drilled to mount this bracket? Thanks.
With PP
[ame]

Without PP
[ame]

I have the Sto n Sho on my 2018 and I definitely recommend it. I specifically requested the dealer not drill holes and to my surprise when I showed up there were holes in the bumper :frusty::frusty:

Stangfan6818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT/CS and 2018 GT Premium Fastback
With PP

Without PP

I have the Sto n Sho on my 2018 and I definitely recommend it. I specifically requested the dealer not drill holes and to my surprise when I showed up there were holes in the bumper :frusty::frusty:
Thanks for the video. If I get any issues with the police, this is the route I will go.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you GTBOB,
Sorry to be a pain, would you mind re-checking the measurements as one response I got stated 21cm which is about 8 1/2 inches centre to centre.
Cheers
John

No problem. Here is the dimples again. US-spec bumper. Dimple right above the 10" mark. Other is at the tape's end.
bumper.PNG

Reactions: PKs

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm glad your question is answered, but this thread just brought back a painful memory of what some genius at the dealer did to my new baby. Thank goodness they didn't mount the front plate.
Sorry but I would be fighting for a new bumper. That's not acceptable. Hell someone just pointed out there rear plate on my car is crooked. I didn't even notice since I got the car. I'm afraid to take it off and see what the guy did when he mounted it at the dealership.

Dschaefs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
With PP

Without PP

I see you have an ecoboost as well. Was it PP? I purchased the non PP Sto N Sho & installed today to find it was a complete bear. Not sure if im just a novice at this type of stuff, or if it was actually not fitting correctly :shrug:. It felt like factory screw was in at an angle and the screw that came with the S&S was meant to go in straight. I somewhat had to force it to get it to work out. It's installed now, and looks good, but it was much harder than I was anticipating. :frusty:
Sponsored