2018 Intake Manifold with Lockouts Causing Rev Hangs & RPM Surges

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Have a 2016 S550 GT with 3:15 Gear Ratio, w/Injen Evolution CAI, 2018 intake manifold (Non Ported) with MMR IMRC & CMCV lockouts running Palm Beach Dyno tune and getting rev hangs and RPM spikes from the low end. I know it's the tune as my original Bama 91 Race tune had absolutely no issues until I loaded their base 91 tune. It's been 2 weeks they have been looking at it with my providing them data logs for driving, rev logs and idle logs but still they haven't provided me any newly revised tune to make this car run better so any outside help with be awesome! Bama isn't providing support for intake manifolds yet except for the GT350 manifold so after seeing PBD I thought they would be a good tuning company to go with so PBD PLEASE get me running with something good!

The apparent issue is with down low RPM and details below:

1) RPM Spiking:

If I come to a full stop at a 4 way stop or a set of lights and start accelerating at 1250-1500RPM it will jump to 2000RPM+ on its own so if you're looking at the data log of me driving on those 2 logs with a 5 minute and 7 minute drive time from the 1500-2000+RPM it's not me pushing down on the gas pedal and it's doing it by itself, every single time!

2) Rev Hangs: (Happens on full stop and taking corners while lifting off the pedal)

If I come to a stop and "slowly" accelerate at 1000-1250RPM it will rev hang at 1500RPM and won't drop until the cows come home. I was just coming back home from doing an onsite job and while taking a corner slowly, lift my foot up to see if it would rev hang taking a corner it was doing it until I came to the next stop sign at the corner of my street!
Sponsored