Sponsored

2018+ hood vents

Sponsored

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Sorry I am resurrecting this a bit, but on the air design hood vents is the black sticker a must install with the vents? I'm thinking if ever want to swap it back to OEM the sticker will be a PITA to remove !

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the stock ones. They look classier and function as intended.

Sometimes change for the sake of change is not a positive thing.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
No
Sorry I am resurrecting this a bit, but on the air design hood vents is the black sticker a must install with the vents? I'm thinking if ever want to swap it back to OEM the sticker will be a PITA to remove !
Not really. Remove when the hood is warm or use a hair dryer.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Looks to be something you can get by without using with a darker colored car imo. You could install the vents without and see if you notice car color beneath. Vinyl usually pulls pretty easily. Apply some heat and it should roll up pretty easily I'd think.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I didn't use any and when I bought mine in 2019, it didn't even come with the black vinyl and I can't tell and my mustang is velocity blue.

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Verus Engineering aluminum heat extractors cut into my stock 17 GT hood perfectly [without even having to paint it - thanks to my great local body shop]. My intention was additional underhood cooling due to the supercharger, along with better aerodynamics backed up by engineering data. I'm not affiliated with Verus except as a customer. They were installed at the same time as the GT500 style nose from IKON /MrBodyKit [which was NOT an easy install].

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...pec-ford-mustang-s550-336?category=22#attr=84

Clean1_220212.jpg

OpenAtShow.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: