Sponsored

2018 GTPP1 - RTR Spec 5 Wide Body kit - Wheel Fitment Questions

MagneRush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 / 10auto
Hello everyone! I apologize if this is a stupid question but I am having trouble finding good information/links on the fitment for the wheels/tires for my 2018 Mustang GT PP1 AFTER I install the RTR Spec 5 Widebody Kit...

RTR recommends running a 285/30-20 front tire on a 20x9.5 wheel with a -10mm offset, and a 305/30-20 rear tire on a 20x11 wheel with a -16mm offset. Here's a link to the RTR site [https://www.rtrvehicles.com/collections/mustang-rtr-parts-18-20/products/rtr-wide-body-flares-18-20]

I have searched quite a bit and have not found wheels they recommend in these sizes unless I order a custom set.

I have also looked into wheel spacers since I am happy with my PP1 wheels/tires and have a lot of tread left but need them wider. I think 50mm on the front and 75mm on the back will be proper, any suggestions?

Anyone already have this kit installed and a wheel/tire setup in mind? Please help me out I'm looking forward to installing my kit soon
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have searched quite a bit and have not found wheels they recommend in these sizes unless I order a custom set.
uhh yeah... those numbers are so far out in left field custom is the only solution. Maybe it would be easier to swap in F150 wheel hubs and run truck rims?

OP
OP
MagneRush

MagneRush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
uhh yeah... those numbers are so far out in left field custom is the only solution. Maybe it would be easier to swap in F150 wheel hubs and run truck rims?
thanks for the unnecessarily unfunny response that didn’t help what so ever :thumbsup:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the unnecessarily unfunny response that didn’t help what so ever :thumbsup:
Nobody is fool enough to run those fenders and nobody makes CAR rims in those offsets unless they are extremely narrowly focused on the market segment that likes such things. Truck rims DO run in such offsets and come in 20 (or larger) so I'm not sure why you don't appreciate the suggestion.

BMW wheels come fairly shallow but the bolt-spacing is 5x120. So you're looking at either extremely thick spacers or adapters that let you convert BC from one setup to another.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Calculating offsets just math. You'll want to find the deepest dish wheel you can find that bolts up to our hub/stud spacings, then calculate the difference to match the outside fenders from the wheels that they reference above.

Most Mustang deep dish wheels are going to be like a 11" wide by like 52mm. Occasionally you can find an 11"ET26 (Apex makes one) which incidentally were intended for wide 11" wide wheels on the front axle w/o spacers, but it doesn't matter.
https://www.apexraceparts.com/19x11-et26-apex-sm-10-mustang-wheel.html

An 11" ET26 with a 15mm spacer would have the same outside fit to the fenders as that 9.5 ET-10 (within 0.1"). You won't find any bolt on spacers which are 15mm, so you'll need extended studs and a slip on spacer.
That 11" ET26 with a 42mm spacer on the rear would be equal to that rear 11 ET-16. IDK who makes giant 42mm spacers, you're on your own there.

OP
OP
MagneRush

MagneRush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody is fool enough to run those fenders and nobody makes CAR rims in those offsets unless they are extremely narrowly focused on the market segment that likes such things. Truck rims DO run in such offsets and come in 20 (or larger) so I'm not sure why you don't appreciate the suggestion.

BMW wheels come fairly shallow but the bolt-spacing is 5x120. So you're looking at either extremely thick spacers or adapters that let you convert BC from one setup to another.
fool enough? sounds like a personal opinion to me which I don’t care for, I like them, so that’s that, and I am not going to put truck wheels/hubs and tires on it so that can go out the window as well. a simple set of spacers would work but i’m looking for more information from someone who has experience with them. I was just posting because i’ve seen other kits installed even other brands and thought people that have done it before plus shine some light on my questions.
Sponsored