edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hey everyone,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a GT350, year/miles in the title. I test drive a band new 2022 mach 1 the day before and noticed something on both tremecs: the "bite" point seems to be pretty high off the floorboard. Maybe in the last 30ish percent of the travel back up.

My last stick was a 94 Civic, so you can imagine that was an entirely different experience.

Any concerns that raises? So far my search of the forum hasn't exactly yielded an answer to my question but I'll keep searching.
Sponsored

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That is how the clutches have been on two GT350s I have driven. Seems normal.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Agreed. It sounds about right. Never heard of issues with the TR-3160s, only the Voodoo engine issues.

Paul_Toombes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2012 Raptor
Have the same feel on my 2017, Steeda sells a Clutch Assist Spring that will make the clutch feel more linear rather than the double action feel from the factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Thanks for the replies everyone. Ill look into that steeda spring installation if needed

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
Thanks for the replies everyone. Ill look into that steeda spring installation if needed
I believe they changed the spring on the 2019 and up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Make sure you reference the Ford TSB regarding the timing system before making a quick decision. There's a thread in this forum and the GT500 forum about the TSB.

If the car falls within the model year ranges in the TSB, definitely check to see if the owner ever had the TSB performed or you and the owner can do the DIY check yourself using the TSB or the DIYs from others in the thread(s).

Not a "scare", just be sure to do due diligence when buying any niche Mustang and not buying instantly on emotions.

OP
OP

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Make sure you reference the Ford TSB regarding the timing system before making a quick decision. There's a thread in this forum and the GT500 forum about the TSB.

If the car falls within the model year ranges in the TSB, definitely check to see if the owner ever had the TSB performed or you and the owner can do the DIY check yourself using the TSB or the DIYs from others in the thread(s).

Not a "scare", just be sure to do due diligence when buying any niche Mustang and not buying instantly on emotions.
I'll check that out - it still has about 1y of the power train warranty from what I see. That's not referenced on the OASIS report that they gave me (whether that was addressed). I found a database to put the VIN in and it didn't come back with any open recalls but maybe TSBs are different, it seems.
Sponsored