2018 GT350 or 2022 Dodge TRX?

207TTGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Denny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350 2020 GMC 2500 AT4 Duramax
I just recently traded in a TRX lvl2 . I put 6500 miles on it. Overall lifetime fuel economy was 8-9 mpg. It was a cool truck, comfortable, sounds good and was quick. But as far a truck stuff goes it’s pretty limited. Small bed and low payload. It’s more for ripping around and pounding back/dirt roads, which I did plenty. 2500 miles of the total was hauling some sort of trailer. Thing squats with a 5 gallon pail of water in the back. I got 2k over msrp on trade. If you drive a bunch of miles daily then a trx is not for you unless you like to stop at fuel stations every 300 miles to fill up with 93. Even with 1000whp my gt350 gets low 20 mpg when out of the boost highway cruising. Once in boost all bets off.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Do not buy a TRX buy a Tremor truck and be miles ahead and smiles. Watch my Youtube videos and for that amount of money F-250 Platinum Diesel Tremor will destroy the TRX. And or buy the F-150 Tremor it’s a Raptor JR. And or buy a nice used Raptor but in the end towing sucks and weight loads. I have the Shelby Supersnake Sport 2 door truck 770hp. Big trucks are too big and the wall of huge front end, tall, big tires, heavy as hell you do not get the performance feel you think your gonna get. They are being traded in all the time.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Do not buy a TRX buy a Tremor truck and be miles ahead and smiles. Watch my Youtube videos and for that amount of money F-250 Platinum Diesel will destroy the TRX. And or buy the F-150 Tremor it’s a Raptor JR. And or buy a nice used Raptor but in the end towing sucks and weight loads. I have the Shelby Supersnake Sport 2 door truck 770hp. Big trucks are too big and the wall of huge front end, tall, big tires, heavy as hell you do not get the performance feel you think your gonna get. They are being traded in all the time.

I smell fanboying…

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I would buy a 37 Raptor all day long before the TRX.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a polar opposite comparison, but I currently have a 2018 GT350. Love the car. Absolutely amazing vehicle. Though, it is not a DD for me nor would it probably ever be since I live in the Bay Area and I am also a big guy (6 foot, 280lbs) built like Johnny Bravo. With that said, I have a buddy who works at a dodge dealer that can get me a TRX at MSRP. Also, I own my own business and would be able to write off the TRX (weighs over 6000lbs) on my taxes, which would be a huge savings. With the Shelby I cannot write it off. TRX is also a super fun vehicle, but also a very different vehicle. Much more daily drivable, super comfy, and overall has a ton of utility. Still fast as well, but in a different way than the GT350. Also, it is more fun as an off roader vs the GT350 being more a track weapon/race car.

So, if you were me, would you go for the tax benefits and get a DD with the TRX or would you keep the GT350 as a toy along with a shit box as a DD?
Buy both. Put vanity plates on the 350 with your company name and write it off as advertising business expense.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Buy both. Put vanity plates on the 350 with your company name and write it off as advertising business expense.
If only it were this easy. lol

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a polar opposite comparison, but I currently have a 2018 GT350. Love the car. Absolutely amazing vehicle. Though, it is not a DD for me nor would it probably ever be since I live in the Bay Area and I am also a big guy (6 foot, 280lbs) built like Johnny Bravo. With that said, I have a buddy who works at a dodge dealer that can get me a TRX at MSRP. Also, I own my own business and would be able to write off the TRX (weighs over 6000lbs) on my taxes, which would be a huge savings. With the Shelby I cannot write it off. TRX is also a super fun vehicle, but also a very different vehicle. Much more daily drivable, super comfy, and overall has a ton of utility. Still fast as well, but in a different way than the GT350. Also, it is more fun as an off roader vs the GT350 being more a track weapon/race car.

So, if you were me, would you go for the tax benefits and get a DD with the TRX or would you keep the GT350 as a toy along with a shit box as a DD?
That's a tough decision to have to make. Awesome, but tough. I'd go with the TRX if you can find one and you have the cabbage to swing it. My Raptor is wore out and I've had a hard on for that truck for over a year.

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I’m big fan of high-performance SUVs and pickup trucks. Their all around use and performance is a win for us. We have had several BMW high-perf SUVs that perform very well and get good gas mileage. Example: Her current X3 M40i runs a sub 4.4 second 0 to 60
and gets 20 MPG around town all day long and 28+ highway. It MSRP was $63,500. She had an X3M Competition prior to this that was about 1/2 second quicker to 60, but was extremely rough riding and got much worse fuel economy (21 Highway, around 14 in town). The M40i is without a doubt a much better daily driver even if it’s a tick slower.

You can step up to an X5 if you want the business tax write off, either a 40i, M50i, or X5M.

I’ve never been a fan of Dodge and although the TRX obviously performs well I would never buy one. Looks gaudy and you need a fuel truck traveling with you. I think there are better options if you want a pickup and not an SUV instead of the 350.

OP
OP
BYBB1630

BYBB1630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I’m big fan of high-performance SUVs and pickup trucks. Their all around use and performance is a win for us. We have had several BMW high-perf SUVs that perform very well and get good gas mileage. Example: Her current X3 M40i runs a sub 4.4 second 0 to 60
and gets 20 MPG around town all day long and 28+ highway. It MSRP was $63,500. She had an X3M Competition prior to this that was about 1/2 second quicker to 60, but was extremely rough riding and got much worse fuel economy (21 Highway, around 14 in town). The M40i is without a doubt a much better daily driver even if it’s a tick slower.

You can step up to an X5 if you want the business tax write off, either a 40i, M50i, or X5M.

I’ve never been a fan of Dodge and although the TRX obviously performs well I would never buy one. Looks gaudy and you need a fuel truck traveling with you. I think there are better options if you want a pickup and not an SUV instead of the 350.
If I am being honest, this wouldn't be something I am interested in. I had E36 M3s back in the day, but in general, I am not a big BMW fan. Especially the luxury SUVs.

Merica' trucks all the way for me if I go the route to get the tax write off.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
If you are patient the Gas Prices are going to destroy the Gas guzzlers and the huge discounts will prevail. But at the same time if you want a HUGE tax write off than yeh get her. But damn the gas is going to make you 😡 once you start spending mega dollars on Premium Fuel everyday. I drive 150 plus miles everyday in my business and picked up a Mach E GT and WOW 😂. I used to spend $50-$75 every day no lie at the gas pump. I have owned her now just over a week and that is worth in savings so far close to $500😁. Damn thats awesome for me and yes I am a Motörhead to the max and enjoy the other ICE toys I have. But if your telling me you can drive around in a GT350 and run your business 😳. And now you want to drive around in a Gas Guzzler……no way meaning hell I sell the 350 for the Electric Mach E and then with all the Gas money I save I pick up the TRX for the Weekend fun🥸

OP
OP
BYBB1630

BYBB1630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If you are patient the Gas Prices are going to destroy the Gas guzzlers and the huge discounts will prevail. But at the same time if you want a HUGE tax write off than yeh get her. But damn the gas is going to make you 😡 once you start spending mega dollars on Premium Fuel everyday. I drive 150 plus miles everyday in my business and picked up a Mach E GT and WOW 😂. I used to spend $50-$75 every day no lie at the gas pump. I have owned her now just over a week and that is worth in savings so far close to $500😁. Damn thats awesome for me and yes I am a Motörhead to the max and enjoy the other ICE toys I have. But if your telling me you can drive around in a GT350 and run your business 😳. And now you want to drive around in a Gas Guzzler……no way meaning hell I sell the 350 for the Electric Mach E and then with all the Gas money I save I pick up the TRX for the Weekend fun🥸
I am actually thinking of keeping the GT350 and getting a Ford lightning electric truck possibly as an option so I can get the write off.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I am actually thinking of keeping the GT350 and getting a Ford lightning electric truck possibly as an option so I can get the write off.
My Lightning truck will be made on May 4th😎. Excellent Idea and wound pass on the TRX. I drove it and nope nothing there and trust me I have purchased close to 200 vehicles in my lifetime. Lightning truck all day everyday.
Sponsored