rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer needs to scan and take logs of the Cats for P0430 code but can not read with the Whipple Tune. Any reason the stock tune can not be installed and only idled to get the logs and then reflash the Whipple tune? Other codes pop up?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Even if it does start, I don’t think he will learn anything from it. The injectors are the wrong size, the MAF Calibration way off, imrc not connected, and possibly the TB Calibration is off. There’s a thread on here where somebody blew their engine running the stock cal on a Whipple and Dustin chimed in describing all the things that can go wrong.

Cam they use the tomahawk log to diagnose?

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I should have pointed out it is stage 2 so not a stock TB and I did forget about the IMRC being disconnected. That will through a bunch of other codes.....

I did read in another thread about hand entering the VIN but that was on an older model. I thought the conclusion was that manually entering the VIN will no longer be an option.

Thanks,

Rob

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Any interest in just getting rid of the rear O2s with a custom tune and long tube headers? At 7k miles my oem cats were toasted from the whipple.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Any interest in just getting rid of the rear O2s with a custom tune and long tube headers? At 7k miles my oem cats were toasted from the whipple.
Unfortunately I live in a state where emissions are required. So CAT delete is not an option, at least two years from now. I was hoping it was an O2 sensor issue but seems like the OEM CATS are marginal at best.....

Rob

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Unfortunately I live in a state where emissions are required. So CAT delete is not an option, at least two years from now. I was hoping it was an O2 sensor issue but seems like the OEM CATS are marginal at best.....

Rob
I also live in a state with emissions test. I just drive to testing location load up emissions tune in the parking lot, take it into be tested then before i ever leave the parking lot i flash back to regular tune. I havent had to do it with the mustang yet, but this will be my 5th catless car taken through state emission testing.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
I also live in a state with emissions test. I just drive to testing location load up emissions tune in the parking lot, take it into be tested then before i ever leave the parking lot i flash back to regular tune. I havent had to do it with the mustang yet, but this will be my 5th catless car.
In CT they do a visual on the OEM CATs so not having them is an automatic fail. However, I don't know if they really care if OEM CATs or not. Guess depends on where you go to for the check and how they much attention to detail to they follow....

Rob

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
In CT they do a visual on the OEM CATs so not having them is an automatic fail. However, I don't know if they really care if OEM CATs or not. Guess depends on where you go to for the check and how they much attention to detail to they follow....

Rob
Any of the quality Long tube headers will come with hollowed out cats so that you still pass a visual inspection... Sorry for not so great pictures, but you get the idea.
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1242.jpg

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I have a p0430 now. Called two dealerships and both said it’s not covered by warranty due to the supercharger.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Any of the quality Long tube headers will come with hollowed out cats so that you still pass a visual inspection... Sorry for not so great pictures, but you get the idea.
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1242.jpg
I never knew they came with hollowed out cats, you taught me something today :beer:

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I don’t believe they are hollowed out cats
Doesn’t sound right to me
You are probably right, that they are not actual hollowed out cats but just flared out metal tubing to look like a cat. But the idea isn't to be an actual cat just to look like one from the outside for states with a physical inspection.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Update....

I spoke to the folks at Whipple. They were very helpful and quick to get me going. There is a part number for the Whipple tune that needs to be entered manually along with the serial number. That worked. The dealer was able to pull the logs needed.

The part number is obtained with the Tomahawk tool.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Rob
Sponsored