2018 GT (with a wing) car cover

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
As the title states; I just picked up a 2018 Magnetic Grey GT with the PP1 wing (actual wing, not jut a lip). It’ll be parked inside and outside and I am looking for an affordable but durable car cover (preferably a ‘cool’ one too).

I could google but, generally, you guys have the REAL world experience on these questions. Thank you!!
Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I had the same question when I ordered my car with the PP1 spoiler

I took a chat with CJ Ponyparts and the covercraft should do the job. I haven't got my car yet due to Covid19 so I can't tell for sure how it is.

Depending on if it is for indoor/outdoor use you can choose between different types... I'm pretty sure you're also able to find other places to ordee than at CJ - it had to be there for me due to shipping to Denmark

Good luck :like:

//www.cjponyparts.com/covercraft-car-cover-block-it-380-with-50-years-logo-v6-ecoboost-gt-fastback-2015-2020/p/COVER386/

OP
OP
Aaron1085

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Ok, solid advice. They have ALOT of options. Oh boy... I will need an indoor / outdoor but I wouldn’t say I need ‘Storm proof’. I will get scrolling. Thanks sir!
Hope you get your car soon!

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my process and hopefully it saves you time and money.

End Result. 150$ Home Depot Ryobi electric pressure washer, 50ft ext hose cable, quick release for all hoses involved and a quick release for the faucet for good measure, Teflon tape, I can get the mid grade sprayer I used and I picked up the multi head for Ryobi as well. That and a different wand for the sprayer. They can be found on there. Then I purchased the foamer from Auto Zone and have been trying out a lot of the Car Gurus stuff. Especially for the dark colors. I try around for drying cloths and chamois I like. I tried finding mainly New Zealand ones but they dried up and I wont buy Turkish ones.

But don't skimp on the first option I tried for a pressure washer. The cheapest Ryobi died pretty quick. Then maybe also looking at other low gallon per minute foamers for a little bit more money. I've rigged mine to work better than it comes in the box. Along with the better drying towels. I dislike Walmart but they have the biggest in person purchasable towel and there's a nice affordable waffle one at Auto Zone. I dislike autozone for everything else. But it's at the end of my street and I don't like going far for much.

Hope this helps. Start looking into the YouTube videos and deep dive your tastes and likes. Get your hands wet. I touch less wash now. It's amazing and can't believe I didn't do it before. Really get into the detail of it. Along with that. Get into buckets and understanding the different needs there and for tire cleaning. The brakes get dustyyyyy. I also have a oak tree next door. So my life is an endless wash.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
As the title states; I just picked up a 2018 Magnetic Grey GT with the PP1 wing (actual wing, not jut a lip). It’ll be parked inside and outside and I am looking for an affordable but durable car cover (preferably a ‘cool’ one too).

I could google but, generally, you guys have the REAL world experience on these questions. Thank you!!
Aaron1085,
Heres my 15 GT Mustang with PP1 wing, indoor lightweight car cover from Ford not perfect but works well.
Check out the market place for a GT350 cover should work as well. When it comes to car covers you get what you pay for.
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1103.jpg

OP
OP
Aaron1085

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
great reply and photos, thank you!
I picked up a CoverCraft NOAH car cover; it got great ratings for both indoor and outdoor use with substantial softness for dent/scratch prevention.
Sponsored