Sponsored

2018 GT Whipple and still waiting

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Well, Lethal was taking orders (may be they were preorders ) in February. I am not mad at all as I was able to get 15% off during there "one day only " sale .

I think that's the only time Whipple has had a 15 % off sale this year.

Not in a rush as I would rather they work out all the bugs before releasing the kit to the public (- see Roush recall).

Besides I have not even installed the Gen 3 for the GT 350 that has been sitting/unopened in boxes since Jan.

Kind of getting cold feet now with all the recent Voodoo failures . Lol
Thanks for the business and your patience. In the end I assure you that you're going to be very happy with the purchase.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Can't express how happy we are with our Whipple stage 2 setup. Dustin and the entire Whipple crew did an amazing job with this kit. We started with their complete stage 2 kit and had some great results. Then went to a custom tune by Lund Racing along with some fuel upgrades and a swap to E85 and 9's were the result in the FL summer heat. We haven't even turned this thing up yet. If you guys have any questions about any of Whipple's kits please feel free to give us a call. We look forward to assisting you.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Removing cats lowers more than 100deg F and even more at higher power levels.

Stage 3 is coming and its gonna be a game changer :)
I'm holding out for that stage 3. Don't give me blue balls here! I have faith you'll come up with something good.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
My understanding is the Whipple cal will pull 4 or add 4 depending on knock or no knock. I've seen 20 max timing on Whipple call with good gas 93 on the 3.75" pulley stock exhaust and now see 20 on 93 and 10 oz of Boostane to each tank on a 3.5" pulley with catless long tubes.
Honestly not sure I even want to bother with the 3.875 pulley since I am only going to be running 93 or MS109(or boostane ) . I wonder if Whipple will let you exchange it for a 3.75 ?

Removing cats lowers more than 100deg F and even more at higher power levels.
Is the whipple tune compatible with LT’s or cat deletes ?

Stage 3 is coming and its gonna be a game changer :)
Is that going to be the E85 tune . Will you be able to upgrade from stage 2 ?
It would be nice to stick to the whipple tune and not have to go after market.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks for the business and your patience. In the end I assure you that you're going to be very happy with the purchase.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared
Thank Jared. Lethal’s customer service has been top notch as usual . They never seemed to get tired of my weekly calls asking for “updates “. Each time they would call whipple and get back with me even if the answer they got was not what I wanted to hear but at least they kept me updated.
They and whipple were great as they even allowed me to apply the 15% off to the stage 2 upgrade when I switched my order from
stage 1 months later .
Even applied it the heat exhanger upgrade .
I can’t wait I !

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I'm not complaining just wanted to share what mine did. PDT explained everything. My situation is different new car and all 30miles . Haven't gotten on it hard yet but did add 4 gallons of 100 octane pulls really good. Gonna re dyno after 500 mile break in. Feels alot stronger then my old 2016 with Roush stage 1 .
Understood and appreciate the support. We have found that these new ones are much more sensitive than before, they fall off a rock with even a touch of detonation. If you push to hard, the pistons will fail. Unlike the older motor, you could run them into detonation and walk the edge. We're extremely conservative right now. With 91 octane or less, hotter temps, the motors just fall off. It all comes to the timing. If they hold commanded 16deg timing, they will make 680-700rwhp with 3.875", if they go to 18deg (max timing), they will make 720-740rwhp with right conditions. Every 1deg is worth roughly 15-25rwhp. We'll continue to push and get more, but have to be safe at the same time. The 15-17, we could run a 3-5deg more at the upper rpm, with these, we have to pull back.

Reactions: GT2

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Honestly not sure I even want to bother with the 3.875 pulley since I am only going to be running 93 or MS109(or boostane ) . I wonder if Whipple will let you exchange it for a 3.75 ?

Is that going to be the E85 tune . Will you be able to upgrade from stage 2 ?
It would be nice to stick to the whipple tune and not have to go after market.
Unused, no problem.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unused, no problem.
Ok
I will send it back as soon as I get the kit on Wednesday.
My installer has pushed back the install till next week anyway and I figure it will take a day or two with the OPG/ CS gear install..

May be I can just go ahead and order the 3.75 now and get a refund when yiu get the 3.875 back?

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Understood and appreciate the support. We have found that these new ones are much more sensitive than before, they fall off a rock with even a touch of detonation. If you push to hard, the pistons will fail. Unlike the older motor, you could run them into detonation and walk the edge. We're extremely conservative right now. With 91 octane or less, hotter temps, the motors just fall off. It all comes to the timing. If they hold commanded 16deg timing, they will make 680-700rwhp with 3.875", if they go to 18deg (max timing), they will make 720-740rwhp with right conditions. Every 1deg is worth roughly 15-25rwhp. We'll continue to push and get more, but have to be safe at the same time. The 15-17, we could run a 3-5deg more at the upper rpm, with these, we have to pull back.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Should you only run unleaded 100 octane race fuel and do you recommend using VP Racing Octanium for your Whipple Tune on the stage 2 kits?

D98gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maddox
Vehicle(s)
Seeing all of you with your kits has made me jealous! I'm supposed to get shipping information this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed since I scheduled with my shop to get tuned next week.

Going to see what I can do with E85

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Mine is installed, just been waiting a few days to get the Whipple tune. Hopefully soon!
You'll have tomorrow, we applied Ford's latest trans release, along with some other shift schedule changes. This 10-speed is a pain to get perfect for all. I really like where this latest file is at. For those that don't have drag mode, sport mode is similar now. Not exact, but sport is very aggressive and normal mode is basic. Snow/Eco are pretty lame and almost stock :) If you have drag mode, rpm shift points are slightly higher.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Ok
I will send it back as soon as I get the kit on Wednesday.
My installer has pushed back the install till next week anyway and I figure it will take a day or two with the OPG/ CS gear install..

May be I can just go ahead and order the 3.75 now and get a refund when yiu get the 3.875 back?
Yup, that's the best way.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
I'm very glad to see someone from your company coming forth and explaining the differences in runs. It benefits the community and gives me a lot more trust in your product. Transparency when it comes to how you run your engine/setup is worth a ton so I commend it. Please continue to do this, for what it's worth you'll earn my business and I'm sure many others
Sponsored