Sponsored

2018 GT- Tick On 2nd Motor

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
The vibration of the Voodoo is inherent due to the flat plane crankshaft.
Yes that's part of it, but they have been backing the oil filter off as well as one of the brackets lol....they didn't get the damper right on that one

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I would only warn that "scoring" and other types of wear based cylinder damage isn't really something you can measure via borescope. You really have to tear the engine down and use a contour gauge or a interferometer. Just some input from a guy who used to do teardown analysis on engines in a previous life.
The standard low quality pictures I have seen on here really don't give you a 3-D feel for the wear. The old school teardown analysis method was to at least run your fingernail across it to see if there was some depth. I currently work in testing and teardown analysis of fuel system components. You would be surprised at how bad things can look on camera while still being within specification.

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
I would only warn that "scoring" and other types of wear based cylinder damage isn't really something you can measure via borescope. You really have to tear the engine down and use a contour gauge or a interferometer. Just some input from a guy who used to do teardown analysis on engines in a previous life.
The standard low quality pictures I have seen on here really don't give you a 3-D feel for the wear. The old school teardown analysis method was to at least run your fingernail across it to see if there was some depth. I currently work in testing and teardown analysis of fuel system components. You would be surprised at how bad things can look on camera while still being within specification.
Guess i should have elaborated on this a bit more, he has a motor in his shop that is torn down, pictures of the scoring before hand. On the engine that is torn down, you can feel the scoring with your finger, in the pictures of that scoring, mine is worse. Safe assumption that if i tore my motor down, you would feel the scoring.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Guess i should have elaborated on this a bit more, he has a motor in his shop that is torn down, pictures of the scoring before hand. On the engine that is torn down, you can feel the scoring with your finger, in the pictures of that scoring, mine is worse. Safe assumption that if i tore my motor down, you would feel the scoring.
I am certainly not saying your engine is fine, just that borescopes are only used to determine if it is worth a teardown. I think you have some evidence to warrant a real teardown analysis.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I know the sound is immenating low in the engine, but I swear it sounds like something from the valvetrain.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I heard they put out a tsb for the tick and it was a software update? Saw it yesterday, could be real or someone trolling..

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I heard they put out a tsb for the tick and it was a software update? Saw it yesterday, could be real or someone trolling..
i heard there was something like this for an issue with the f150 but not the mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5.0Loved

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Oil result first 3,000 miles. What do you guys think ?
33996D30-997B-4132-8591-B055AC8BE640.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

5.0Loved

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
My is high with iron (24) and copper (24) contents. Univeral averages for iron is 19 and copper 3

Iron – Mostly comes from Cylinder liners, Rings, Crankshaft, Camshaft, Rods, Valve Train, Oil pump gear, Wrist pins, cast iron components and Gears. Usually found as fine particles due to abrasion or wear.

Copper – Usually like a soft metal present in Main and Rod Bearings, Oil Cooler core, Clutch plates, Brass and Bronze bushings and Roller bearing outer cage. In engines it should be due to the water pump leak or coolant core. If it is found along with potassium, sodium and glycol, it will be coming from the oil cooler. If it is found along with lead and tin, it will be coming from bearing or bushing.

This sound like an indication of crankshaft bearing is grooved ? Same as the first engine.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
My is high with iron (24) and copper (24) contents. Univeral averages for iron is 19 and copper 3

Iron – Mostly comes from Cylinder liners, Rings, Crankshaft, Camshaft, Rods, Valve Train, Oil pump gear, Wrist pins, cast iron components and Gears. Usually found as fine particles due to abrasion or wear.

Copper – Usually like a soft metal present in Main and Rod Bearings, Oil Cooler core, Clutch plates, Brass and Bronze bushings and Roller bearing outer cage. In engines it should be due to the water pump leak or coolant core. If it is found along with potassium, sodium and glycol, it will be coming from the oil cooler. If it is found along with lead and tin, it will be coming from bearing or bushing.

This sound like an indication of crankshaft bearing is grooved ? Same as the first engine.
is this from black stone? dont the give their opinion on the sample?

OP
OP

5.0Loved

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This was from WIX “Engine wear is satisfactory for first sample.”

It also had a high content of silicon, dirt!

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This was from WIX “Engine wear is satisfactory for first sample.”

It also had a high content of silicon, dirt!
seems like a short answer.. i mean i guess satisfactory is good.. lol
Sponsored