2018 GT PP Premium A10 Weight w/ gas

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Lotus uses Toyota powertrains, so they're quite reliable mechanically. I think the problems they have are electrical, but at least nowhere as bad as the old British car days.
That may be true. I havent asked TOO many details but i believe most of my friends' issues they had electrical mostly. Water pump etc. But 1 of them he spent more time fixing it than driving it. He sold it recently.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Lotus uses Toyota powertrains, so they're quite reliable mechanically. I think the problems they have are electrical, but at least nowhere as bad as the old British car days.
That may be true. I havent asked TOO many details but i believe most of my friends' issues they had electrical mostly. Water pump etc. But 1 of them he spent more time fixing it than driving it. He sold it recently.
The powertrain and mechanicals are pretty good on the Evora. They do have a few trim related problems, but then again they are hand built cars which will never be as good as mass produced cars (even though you might expect the opposite to be the case)

Some people here use them as daily drivers, but realistically they are second cars most of the time. They are more comparable to a McLaren or Ferrari in that respect.

However put an Evora 410GT against the cheapest McLaren (twice the price) and it makes you wonder why you would pay double. The Evora was used as the benchmark for the McLaren MP4-12C chassis and Aston 'stole' Matt Becker from Lotus to design the Aston Vantage chassis.

It isn't perfect by any means, but I believe there is no better road car to drive - full stop. Nice video review - not many V6 engines sound as good.

Lotus Evora GT410 Sport drive review. Better than the Alpine A110? - YouTube GT410 Sport - wait till he drives it ! 14.50 for the sound

Lotus Evora GT410 review – more refined but no less fun | evo 410GT (more luxury version)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The powertrain and mechanicals are pretty good on the Evora. They do have a few trim related problems, but then again they are hand built cars which will never be as good as mass produced cars (even though you might expect the opposite to be the case)

Some people here use them as daily drivers, but realistically they are second cars most of the time. They are more comparable to a McLaren or Ferrari in that respect.

However put an Evora 410GT against the cheapest McLaren (twice the price) and it makes you wonder why you would pay double. The Evora was used as the benchmark for the McLaren MP4-12C chassis and Aston 'stole' Matt Becker from Lotus to design the Aston Vantage chassis.

It isn't perfect by any means, but I believe there is no better road car to drive - full stop. Nice video review - not many V6 engines sound as good.

Lotus Evora GT410 Sport drive review. Better than the Alpine A110? - YouTube GT410 Sport - wait till he drives it ! 14.50 for the sound

Lotus Evora GT410 review – more refined but no less fun | evo 410GT (more luxury version)
I wouldnt mind one as a second car. My friends had theirs as a DD, which i wouldn't do personally.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
What is the story behind the Benetton B186 (Gerhard Berger) in your profile pic ?
Just a old school turbo F1 fan. Crazy story on the M12/13 engines. They only used blocks that had a lot of miles on them. ;).

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Just a old school turbo F1 fan. Crazy story on the M12/13 engines. They only used blocks that had a lot of miles on them. ;).
Yes indeed - tougher than new ones because of the heat cycles

Nasty crash today that reminded me of Gerhard's crash at Imola. Not sure exactly how Romain survived that.
Sponsored