Sponsored

2018 GT new dynopulls - not on par with previous tests

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
LMR just ran a 11.8 at 119.8 mph with a tire, seems to be making good power to me!
Tire, lighter maybe wider wheels, and an Xpipe.

Being as their last runs were on a shit track and about to rain, I wouldn't be amazed if we see people doing 11.9 or even 8 stock.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
AUS got 2000 Cobras.

Also in dynos the 021 Cobra usual did a tad more HP but the Mach1 did more TQ.
Right, there were a few RHD for AUS, I was saying in the US they weren't released. Was just sharing some info to correct what was said about the "2001 cobra disaster". And interesting on the dyno stats, I had an 01 Cobra, but knew many people with 03/04 machs and heard that they really didn't lose the 15HP that ford said they did when going from 01 cobra ratings to 03 mach 1 ratings.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OK, OK I got the Cobra problem year wrong, maybe it was '99. What I don't get is people being so willing to call BS on the numbers. I'm no expert but would not surprise me at all if the car makes more than 460HP because Ford doesn't want people getting low numbers on a dyno......that is EXACTLY where the issues surfaced with the '99 Cobra.......LOW dyno runs.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
OK, OK I got the Cobra problem year wrong, maybe it was '99. What I don't get is people being so willing to call BS on the numbers. I'm no expert but would not surprise me at all if the car makes more than 460HP because Ford doesn't want people getting low numbers on a dyno......that is EXACTLY where the issues surfaced with the '99 Cobra.......LOW dyno runs.
That was a while back and resulted in a class action lawsuit.

From the performance we are seeing with the weight of the car, it appears more underrated than anything.

Ford has really upped their game ever since Mullaly became CEO. And getting replacing Fields will protect that momentum.

They are one of the more honest companies out there now.

Checks and balances are much greater.

And no, the Mustang didn't dyne that low if it was on a dynojet. IF it were a mustang dyno... then you already know the story.

The magic 8 ball says this run is in the wrong gear.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So...the dyno's since 1999 been pretty much spot on with all mustangs yet 19 years later Ford decides to underrate them?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Right, there were a few RHD for AUS, I was saying in the US they weren't released. Was just sharing some info to correct what was said about the "2001 cobra disaster". And interesting on the dyno stats, I had an 01 Cobra, but knew many people with 03/04 machs and heard that they really didn't lose the 15HP that ford said they did when going from 01 cobra ratings to 03 mach 1 ratings.
it was a small trade, like 7-10hp/tq traded places. Nothing large.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So...the dyno's since 1999 been pretty much spot on with all mustangs yet 19 years later Ford decides to underrate them?
%$# dude......you win. Jesus this is a tough crowd.....:headbonk:
Enjoy the weekend...........:cheers:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
JUNK! Going to look for a leftover 2017!

Wait, if I buy 2018, my wallet will be lighter so I’ll be faster!

Winning! :lol:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Now that the Mustang is considered an export car, it is likely under rated. Advertising standards in some countries are VERY strict. So the hp needs to be literally the min. you can expect to get in worse case scenarios. Also, first runs of engines are usually rated a little conservatively, then after a couple of years, they magically increase the hp # with virtually no changes. Example: 2011 GT = 412hp, 2013 GT = 420hp... same engine.

So the 2018 probably needs to actually put out on average 470 hp, +-10hp (+-2% due to engine efficiency variations), so the min. hp you get is 460hp.
I wish I had a macro that every time someone posted "underrated"..it would automatically point out that under SAE testing certification and engine CANNOT be underrated.

There was actual physical changes and tuning that resulted in the 8 HP gain from 2011 to 2013.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
%$# dude......you win. Jesus this is a tough crowd.....:headbonk:
Enjoy the weekend...........:cheers:
Aside from the 2000 Cobra R, the Mach1(later re rated to a more accurate number), 2003 Cobra....

I hear the 2001 Bullitt, and 2008 Bullitt are also under rated by a bit.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I think I'm going to go out and buy a MY18 with an A10 and pull the engine, take it down to the school of automotive machinists and run it on their engine dyno, just to clear this up...

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I wish I had a macro that every time someone posted "underrated"..it would automatically point out that under SAE testing certification and engine CANNOT be underrated.

There was actual physical changes and tuning that resulted in the 8 HP gain from 2011 to 2013.
Gen 3 Coyote is not SAE certified.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
two words....

WHO CARES ????????

You race your car...not dyno numbers ! That video is so done up with production value that they probably did not even dyno it correctly. Truly who does a dyno video then purposely cut the chart off ??

I'll keep saying it. The dyno is TOOL for tuning your car. If you TUNE your car you're probably going to RACE your car. That is all that matters on the track.

Man I see it way to often. "I made 750 on the dyno !" Then said person goes out and runs a 12.....sure sign of I cannot drive and I am a dyno queen.
Sponsored