BWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT, 2011 Nissan Versa SL, 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.7
Vehicle Showcase
Since I was 16, I've always gutted every cars audio components. I even have my first set of subs still, 2-10" MTX Black Golds purchased in 1995. They still work, and my now 19 yr old Son used them for 2 years without blowing them. Neat! I'm at that step now, needing sub(s).

Anyways, I'm older now. My Mustang is the typical garage car coming out for nice weather, occasional DD, and weekends. I was determined to keep Sync 3 even with my base 4" stock radio.

I purchased 2 sets of JBL Club 6500C's. I installed them to the factory wiring. The front doors wiring is hooked to the crossovers, then ran to the mid and tweeter. Rear set hooked up and drilled the side panels to mount the tweeters. I also purchased a plugnplay kit that went in between the factory harness and CD Player. The kit I chose came with an AudioControl LC2i Converter and Pioneer GM-D1004 which fit behind the radio. So, that's my mids and highs. I usually set the HU to FLAT and use BT from a 10" Tab for Audio, Movies, TV etc. JetAudio 20 band EQ with 24bit DAC and 32 bit Floating. Opinions on this portion? Any improvement suggestions?

Next thing I really need help with is adding a sub. I have a 15, amp, wiring, cap in my Versa. Box won't fit the Mustang. I feel like any box will take up too much room and not have the space I would need for optimal sound while retaining trunk space that I need. So, I'm leaning towards zenclosures because they would fit perfectly and look great in the right spot to keep a trunk. Good deal! But, at .87 cubic feet per side, should I get 10's or 12's, and which are optimal for that box? Bear in mind I've had several 10's, 12's, and 15's in my lifetime, but this is the first time I've focused on box fitment over picking a sub and building a box around it.

Of course, I'll show you pictures!

IXNtNQk.jpg

lKUlxU4.jpg

9qiY2hS.jpg

VjLWwhB.jpg

yIsDHi1.jpg

Yes I know!!! ^^
AcRGH2A.jpg

nirRF20.jpg

SNcVOgO.jpg
Sponsored