Sponsored

2018 GT Airbag light on cluster

Aggie1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I just started having this issue with my 15 GT. It isn't throwing any codes but the light came on 90% of the time for about three weeks. Then this last week it has only come on once. If it doesn't stay on at start up it will not turn on during the drive nor will it turn off during the drive if it stays lit at start up. It almost seemed temp related as it was crazy hot here in Texas but it cooled down a bit (still around a 100) this last week and came on on the hottest day for my drive home around 4pm. Temp sensitive doesn't make any sense but I'm grasping at straws here.
Mine is doing the same and it is heat related. Took it in and was told it is a bad sensor and quoted 2400 to repair. MIne will turn off after you cool the car interior down but only after a restart.
Sponsored

Joeyalfonsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine is doing the same and it is heat related. Took it in and was told it is a bad sensor and quoted 2400 to repair. MIne will turn off after you cool the car interior down but only after a restart.
Mine was fixed with a new passenger airbag “jewel” located inside the dome light assembly. I replaced the whole assembly with a Take-off and haven’t had the problem in months. I suggest checking the wires like mentioned in this thread. If the problem remains, try a new assembly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1545148749...MI89P7mfCo8gIVQ21vBB3j2Q_2EAkYASABEgKJh_D_BwE

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I remember reaching around and finding it pretty much blindly - it is not too far in from what I remember. Good luck !
Update—Got it! I believe the connector is closer to the driver's side door, but yes, it's like right behind the panel for anyone who's running into this in the future. Stick your phone under and take a video across the underside of the dash, then just wiggle and secure any connectors you spot.

Reactions: kz

Aggie1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Mine was fixed with a new passenger airbag “jewel” located inside the dome light assembly. I replaced the whole assembly with a Take-off and haven’t had the problem in months. I suggest checking the wires like mentioned in this thread. If the problem remains, try a new assembly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1545148749...MI89P7mfCo8gIVQ21vBB3j2Q_2EAkYASABEgKJh_D_BwE
Ordered a replacement assembly from your link and it seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks, a bunch.

Vandman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a
Vehicle Showcase
2019 GT. SRS light is intermittant. Dealer just quoted me a dome light to repair.. $1200. No warranty

Shouldn't this be covered under the 5yr SRS warranty? If the dome light is preventing the passenger airbag from deploying, that's definitely part of the SRS system.

45 days past my 3 year bumper to bumper.. go figure

Sponsored

Aggie1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
2019 GT. SRS light is intermittant. Dealer just quoted me a dome light to repair.. $1200. No warranty

Shouldn't this be covered under the 5yr SRS warranty? If the dome light is preventing the passenger airbag from deploying, that's definitely part of the SRS system.

45 days past my 3 year bumper to bumper.. go figure
Just order one from the ebay link in this thread and fix it yourself...takes less than 20 minutes to swap out.

Tolikz05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anatoly
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
2018 Mustang GT with 11k miles. The airbag light on the gauge cluster came on around 8k miles and hasn't gone away. I've taken the car to the dealership and they reported Ford didn't have a fix for it. Has anyone else come across this issue. I dont like the idea of driving around a new vehicle with safety issues. There arent any wrench lights or decreased performance.
Not sure how old is the post, but AirBag is safety ! So dealers have to fix it under warranty! Although if you have a tune like my car, then they can’t do it... their computer/scanner will not let them...

Vandman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how old is the post, but AirBag is safety ! So dealers have to fix it under warranty! Although if you have a tune like my car, then they can’t do it... their computer/scanner will not let them...
Yes. It "should" be.
Mine failed due to the passenger airbag INDICATOR LIGHT being defective. $1200, no warranty (even though it will make my airbag not deploy). Ford says it's a problem with the console light, and has nothing to do with airbag system. Wow

Lots of confidence moving forward

Tolikz05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anatoly
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes. It "should" be.
Mine failed due to the passenger airbag INDICATOR LIGHT being defective. $1200, no warranty (even though it will make my airbag not deploy). Ford says it's a problem with the console light, and has nothing to do with airbag system. Wow

Lots of confidence moving forward
Did you try to reach the Ford corporate office? It might help...

Sponsored

egutenberger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Hello All,

Just went through this with my 2018 GT convertible. After two RCM replacements and 8 days of diagnostics with Ford Engineering, a faulty "Clock Spring" was identified as the culprit. Only when rotating the steering wheel did it cause the issue.

Dan1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Update—Got it! I believe the connector is closer to the driver's side door, but yes, it's like right behind the panel for anyone who's running into this in the future. Stick your phone under and take a video across the underside of the dash, then just wiggle and secure any connectors you spot.
You guys are the best!!!!!! Mine was the connector under the dash behind the steering wheel. I pressed them together and heard a click. Started my 16 Mustang GT and no more airbag light!!!!!

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my airbag light on for a while, this is the output from FORscan, it's the only code where the dash warning light is marked as on. I have no idea what it is or why it would affect the airbag. I've also tried removing the code and resetting the module without any luck.

signal-2023-07-31-172108_002.jpeg

EDIT:

I think it's referring to the bonnet actuator, which I've removed in the past,

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Ahhhh, you have a European spec car, which has a "deployable bonnet". There is a piston under each hood hinge that is supposed to extend during a frontal impact. The idea is that if you hit a pedestrian, the back end of the hood will be raised up to soften the impact of the pedestrian onto the hood. It's very much a part of the airbag system, the code indicates a circuit problem for the passenger side piston. USA cars don't have this......

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhh, you have a European spec car, which has a "deployable bonnet". There is a piston under each hood hinge that is supposed to extend during a frontal impact. The idea is that if you hit a pedestrian, the back end of the hood will be raised up to soften the impact of the pedestrian onto the hood. It's very much a part of the airbag system, the code indicates a circuit problem for the passenger side piston. USA cars don't have this......
I literally just updated my post :sunglasses:
Sponsored