2018 GT 900 miles & getting a new short block

ssmustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Not really what I wanted my first post on here to be about.. But here it goes.
2018 mustang gt a10. I've owned the car for approximately 2 months, The car currently has 900 miles. I noticed the famed typewriter tick around 800 miles. Decided to take the car into the dealer, was told there is cylinder scoring on one cylinder & ford authorized a replacement short block. Ford hotline authorized the replacement very fast! They must be getting pretty used to this by now. I was told the new batches of short blocks have the issue resolved. Not sure if I believe that. This really sucks I've spent a ton of $$ on mods that I don't plan on ever installing now. The dealer told me I could pick the car up and drive it until the new shortblock arrives...sounds like a possible way for them to buy some time incase it comes to a lemon law buy back?? 30 days at the dealership in my state is the requirements. Not quite sure what to do right now. The car is going to have diminished resale now that there is a shortblock replacement in its history. I don't trust ford has fixed the issue on the short blocks they have in stock. I bought the car with the intention of having a 9 sec street car. If I have to leave it stock I might as well drive a Camry.
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I don't believe a new short block on a new car under warranty affects the resale value.

Am I wrong on this?
Until the buyer finds a problem with the sale because it has had the engine replaced. On book it might not devalue but to a buyer with half a brain is going to have some kind of issue with the sale at that point.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I bought the car with the intention of having a 9 sec street car. If I have to leave it stock I might as well drive a Camry.
Sorry for your issues but if you wanted to make this a 9 second car you were going to erase your warranty anyway.

"Gotta pay to play."

Still positive a stock 2018 GT is faster than any stock Camry.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Ask the dealer for documentation stating the problem is fixed from Ford for reassurance and then post it on here!

Sponsored

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
2018 mustang gt a10. I've owned the car for approximately 2 months, The car currently has 900 miles. I noticed the famed typewriter tick around 800 miles. Decided to take the car into the dealer, was told there is cylinder scoring on one cylinder & ford authorized a replacement short block. Ford hotline authorized the replacement very fast! They must be getting pretty used to this by now. I was told the new batches of short blocks have the issue resolved. Not sure if I believe that. This really sucks I've spent a ton of $$ on mods that I don't plan on ever installing now. The dealer told me I could pick the car up and drive it until the new shortblock arrives...sounds like a possible way for them to buy some time incase it comes to a lemon law buy back?? 30 days at the dealership in my state is the requirements. Not quite sure what to do right now. The car is going to have diminished resale now that there is a shortblock replacement in its history. I don't trust ford has fixed the issue on the short blocks they have in stock. I bought the car with the intention of having a 9 sec street car. If I have to leave it stock I might as well drive a Camry.
Skyline Ford or Stayton Ford?

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I have never purchased a car and been afraid to mod it and this sucks. I check here weekly just to see more people having problems. Mine has a rattle between 2000 rpm and 2500 rpm, but nothing else is wrong with car. I'd hate to do what I want to car which is keeping it n/a btw and having problems immediately after not caused by the tune but will be blamed on the tune by dealer.

Jesusb21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2018 base pp
I have never purchased a car and been afraid to mod it and this sucks. I check here weekly just to see more people having problems. Mine has a rattle between 2000 rpm and 2500 rpm, but nothing else is wrong with car. I'd hate to do what I want to car which is keeping it n/a btw and having problems immediately after not caused by the tune but will be blamed on the tune by dealer.
We all got to team up everyone with this problem and sue ford!!#sueford

Sponsored

Jesusb21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2018 base pp
We gotta sue ford for this problem we all got to sue them. #sueford

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
laughing at hashtag sue Ford...

Really?!

Good luck with that; unless you’re a Billionaire and can win against Corprate Lawyers, please do post back when you have beat Ford.

So far there has not been anything coming from Ford that is a TSB/GSB/SSM or even a Customer Satisfaction message about the 2018/19 S550 Coyote.

There’s also not been ANY facts available from anyone that any replacement short block is any different from a short block installed on the production floor. So folks keep saying this in post responses and to date there are NO FACTS to back up the claims. Think about it - exactly WHAT would be different and if there was a difference to any part used to assemble that replacement short block, there would be Ford Part Number revisions.

I challenge folks claiming replacement short blocks are “fixed” to research and post up the Ford Part Numbers used on a production block and that of the replacement - better yet, do research and compare the part numbers via Ford parts look ups. Once someone finds a difference then maybe we can claim there was a change in X-Part.

OP - good luck with the ordeal, sucks you have to go through this but there won’t be “diminished value” due to a warranty repair. Diminished value applies to motor vehicle accident claims. As far as what warranty work history anyone’s vehicle has had, no one knows that except you, the dealership and OASIS (which the public does not have access to OASIS).

OP
OP
ssmustang302

ssmustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
laughing at hashtag sue Ford...

Really?!

Good luck with that; unless you’re a Billionaire and can win against Corprate Lawyers, please do post back when you have beat Ford.

So far there has not been anything coming from Ford that is a TSB/GSB/SSM or even a Customer Satisfaction message about the 2018/19 S550 Coyote.

There’s also not been ANY facts available from anyone that any replacement short block is any different from a short block installed on the production floor. So folks keep saying this in post responses and to date there are NO FACTS to back up the claims. Think about it - exactly WHAT would be different and if there was a difference to any part used to assemble that replacement short block, there would be Ford Part Number revisions.

I challenge folks claiming replacement short blocks are “fixed” to research and post up the Ford Part Numbers used on a production block and that of the replacement - better yet, do research and compare the part numbers via Ford parts look ups. Once someone finds a difference then maybe we can claim there was a change in X-Part.

OP - good luck with the ordeal, sucks you have to go through this but there won’t be “diminished value” due to a warranty repair. Diminished value applies to motor vehicle accident claims. As far as what warranty work history anyone’s vehicle has had, no one knows that except you, the dealership and OASIS (which the public does not have access to OASIS).
There is diminished value. I got a quote from the dealer doing the labor & the dealership I purchased the car from. Both offered a significant less amount than they would have due to the engine being replaced & the vehicle having that blemish on the vehicle history report. I think best thing that could happen now is hopefully the dealer has the car over 30 days so I can lemon law it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, Robert Kearns won his lawsuit. Took a while though.

That was a pretty good movie too. Made the Ford guys look really bad. LOL
Sponsored