2018 gt 5 LT

clarke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
neville
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang gt 2015 ford ranger 4x4 bualcab
Been in storage for 3months, been on battery charger and still no ignition lights or signs of life. Anyone had similar problems.
Sponsored

scollist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback, 1965 Fastback
If it is still the original battery it is probably totalled. The OEM ones supplied by Ford are total rubbish and rarely last more than 2 years. I had similar problem.

But the good news is that your Ford dealer is probably the best source of a replacement - as they supply Century batteries here is Australia as the new 'OEM' rather than the rubbish they build the cars with. So check them out first - I got one about 18 months ago for about $210. It was a Century DIN53LX MF - which are about $275 or so at SuperCheap and Autobarn.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Been in storage for 3months, been on battery charger and still no ignition lights or signs of life. Anyone had similar problems.
Shane is correct in probably just a knackered battery but does it still unlock. I have experienced with mine sometimes that after having it on charge for a week or so nothing happens when I first push the start button. Try again and it starts like normal. I do have the Century battery which is in good condition.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Check the battery leads. Mine were trash after 4 years and missed by the dealer, when they replaced the battery.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I think how much you drive it makes a massive difference with the life of the battery. Mines a daily and I've done 53000km and coming up for 5 years ownership in September 16 and I still have the original battery with no issues at all. I don't think the factory 1 is that bad. Having said that I use century batteries on all my other cars and they are great, ill replace the mustang one with a century when the time comes
Sponsored