Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if it would be safe to use Sheetz 94 Octane fuel with the 2018+ For calibration kit/tune? It says flex fuel next to it, but I heard that as long as we use 91+ octane it should be fine and that the Ford tune prefers high octane. Any info on this?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You can use 94 on any pump gas tune you want, the computer is smart enough to constantly add and remove timing based on KR or lack thereof. Even if it doesn't gain any timing, having higher octane gas will give you slightly more headroom for keeping KR at bay when things get hot.

The FP tune is a bit more agressive with base timing, so yes you're going to want as much octane as you can get to make the most out of it.

OP
OP
Pandajoshy

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can use 94 on any pump gas tune you want, the computer is smart enough to constantly add and remove timing based on KR or lack thereof. Even if it doesn't gain any timing, having higher octane gas will give you slightly more headroom for keeping KR at bay when things get hot.

The FP tune is a bit more agressive with base timing, so yes you're going to want as much octane as you can get to make the most out of it.
Thanks for the reply! That's what I thought, but again, the fact that it says 94 Octane flex fuel made me wonder if I needed a flex fuel tune to use it.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Thanks for the reply! That's what I thought, but again, the fact that it says 94 Octane flex fuel made me wonder if I needed a flex fuel tune to use it.
If that fuel is more than 10% ethanol, I would not run it unless you have a flex fuel tune.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If it's labeled as flex fuel, you should check the ethanol composition. If it's more than 10-15% you would indeed need a flex tune.
Sponsored