Sponsored

2018 Edelbrock Stage 2 parts are here!

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
So a few days ago @Edelbrock Tech reached out in my build thread and mentioned adding more parts to my stockpile and today a fancy looking Edelbrock box arrived.

Keep in mind this is a pre-production model TB, the production models will be anodized black with a red blade like in their catalog. I think it's pretty awesome they'd be willing to send me these to test out on my 18. They also are not baring me from providing my honest feedback, I haven't signed any NDAs or agreements saying I can only say good things. So I'm free to test and provide you guys with info as I see fit :D

I'll keep this thread updated as well one the parts start getting installed.

Opening the box I'm greeted with some new TB mounting bolts and some foam padding

IMG_5652.JPG

Lifting the padding we have their 103mm TB

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

Pic of the motor, this TB does use a 18+ digital motor so it will only work with 18+ Coyotes, for 17 and older you'd want the analog model.
IMG_5654.jpg

I'll post more pics of their intake set up later today when I get it all unpacked.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tarek
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Magnetic
cant wait to see what it does

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Man, the grooves milled through the boot sealing surface still skeeves me out. Unless the boot deforms enough to fill the gap, or has ribs molded in to fit them, just seems like a recipe for a leak.

Good on Edelbrock to put their stuff out there like that though!

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
Wow that's awesome. Kudos to Edelbrock! Keep us posted!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Man, the grooves milled through the boot sealing surface still skeeves me out. Unless the boot deforms enough to fill the gap, or has ribs molded in to fit them, just seems like a recipe for a leak.

Good on Edelbrock to put their stuff out there like that though!
The coupler is rubber so it does form into that little groove when you clamp it down, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw it on the PRI stand, but they haven't had any issues with their test cars so I don't see it being a problem. I'm installing later tonight so I'll report back on how it all fits.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Good on Edelbrock! Well done!

Definitely in to see the difference it makes from stage 1 to 2.

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I’m on my phone so won’t post as much as I’d like, but I’ll come back to edit tomorrow

Some notes:

- Edelbrock sent me the airbox lid with the logo and a spare blank one. From my understanding all actual stage 2 orders will come with a blank(no logo) box lid
- gained 1psi(making 11psi now)
- install is super straight forwards
- 103mm TB does not require harness extension, stock plug reaches fine
- install was super easy, just had to remove intake, TB, TB plate, repeat in reverse with the new parts
- 103mm TB idles and drives like any other car. On the stage 2 base file we wrote it drove super smooth even during slow parking lot speeds and when going over speed bumps.

8FC74002-1809-427D-BA3A-74C8835074B3.jpeg
CCE20C53-8130-4117-8240-427E295EE2A0.jpeg
B9D5A066-B5ED-44A8-82C6-11FA0EE14383.jpeg
D8A2A66D-E920-4D09-BB20-EF1FA28D1E30.jpeg

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, sexy enough to have me thinking about replacing my front cover with the modular inlet. Very nice!

nate-roth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Very nice. It will be interesting to see how much more torque is produced at intital wot with the big throttle body.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Very nice. It will be interesting to see how much more torque is produced at intital wot with the big throttle body.
It feels quicker on the initial hit, and top end feel better too, Im sure that stock airbox was doing me no favors at 7000+ rpm

Here is a daytime shot of the set up
IMG_5677.jpg

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Will you be taking it back to the dyno? I’m sure the Whipple naysayers will be asking too, lol.

You’ve gotta hand it to Edelbrock. You did a great job of walking through your system and advocating and they really stepped up with the part delivery. Nick is a top notch rep.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Did it feel a lot stronger or just a little? Easily noticeable or did you have to look for the increase?

Sweet machine!!

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Awesome. Will you be taking it back to the dyno? I’m sure the Whipple naysayers will be asking too, lol.

You’ve gotta hand it to Edelbrock. You did a great job of walking through your system and advocating and they really stepped up with the part delivery. Nick is a top notch rep.
Yeah man, Nick has been really supportive of the Coyote community, he's even taken some of the recommendations I've made to them about the kit and will take action on them. I've told them a ew things they can change, some stuff they can correct in the install guide, and parts they don't need, little stuff that helps the kit be better.

Also, check out the box the parts came in, he's obviously wanting us to push it hard :p

IMG_5659 2.JPG

Did it feel a lot stronger or just a little? Easily noticeable or did you have to look for the increase?

Sweet machine!!
It's noticeable, I do all my own tuning so I do pulls a lot and I can tell you on the stage 1 set up I was able to do 60 rolls just fine, 60 rolls would hook with this tire set up, now with the stage 2, the car takes needs me to work the wheel to keep it straight. I'm sure better tires will fix this, but it's a good way to tell the new set up def added some noticeable power. It also picked up 1# of boost
Sponsored