Sponsored

2018 EB Air/Fuel Ratio Swing and Stumble While Cold

bigbadspoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hey all, I recently bought my 2018 EB and it's completely stock. So far, 2000 miles on the clock .

I've observed a couple of phenomena but I'm not sure if they're normal or not, so figured I would see if you guys have experienced them .When I first turn on the car, it feels like it has a slight stumble between idle and 2000 RPM at low throttle (like 10-15%). Then, when it hits 2000, there's plenty of power. It's not turbo lag because it's low throttle and the gauge says it's still pulling vacuum (like 3-5 inches) . Has anyone else had this? Is it abnornal?

The other problem is that, again when the car is relatively cold, the air/fuel ratio will fluctuate between 12.5 and 14.7 for about 30 seconds while cruising at about 60mph at even throttle. Eventually, it stops and doesn't do it again until the next time I drive. Has anyone else see this happening? Is it something to warm the catlyst or an indicator of a problem?

Thanks for your help .I'm fairly new to both Ford and turbos, so your input is appreciated .
Sponsored