Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
Hello!
I recently bought a 2019 ecoboost mustang and so far I've been loving it. I really love the style of the 2018+ California Special/Ecoboost high performance pack grille. However it seems like they are not sold anywhere.

Does anyone know a good place to buy one or have one for sale/trade?

Thank you!
Sponsored

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Hello!
I recently bought a 2019 ecoboost mustang and so far I've been loving it. I really love the style of the 2018+ California Special/Ecoboost high performance pack grille. However it seems like they are not sold anywhere.

Does anyone know a good place to buy one or have one for sale/trade?

Thank you!
The OEM California Special grille cost around $1000. Someone posted a link to a eBay listing for a reproduction grille but I cannot find it at the moment. I'll let you know if I come across it.

Here is a listing for a used lower grille.

OP
OP

Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
I was looking at the 2021 CS grill the other day and it was cheap plastic like all others....thought they were billet or alloy.

I have an HPP coming in Feb and don't care what grill is on it maybe I will unload it.
Seriously? If you don't mind I'd love to swap. I love the look of it and almost sprung for a hpp because of it but they're hard to come across in this time of shortages.

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was looking at the 2021 CS grill the other day and it was cheap plastic like all others....thought they were billet or alloy.

I have an HPP coming in Feb and don't care what grill is on it maybe I will unload it.
if you want to sell the decklid panel, hit me up 😋

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It is plastic. And looks like garden mesh .
1000.00 grill , ouch. I mean it looks better than the base grill, but not a grand better.
o/p have you looked at the pony package grill?
That looks more like a mustang grill than most from a retro look.
pony.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why are they so attractive?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me it’s the Tri-Bar pony. It is iconic and I love having it on the front of my CS. Also, although it may be plastic, it doesn’t look cheap at all. It is very nicely made and finished.

9C88DDAC-8D43-48C4-9F53-6AEE126342CF.jpeg

OP
OP

Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
It is plastic. And looks like garden mesh .
1000.00 grill , ouch. I mean it looks better than the base grill, but not a grand better.
o/p have you looked at the pony package grill?
That looks more like a mustang grill than most from a retro look.
pony.jpg
I'm just not the biggest fan of chrome. My wheels are performance wheels and I black out anything on the car thats chrome color. The offset tri-bar pony just looks great in my eye and even though its small i may black out the pony on it if I can get my hands on one.

OP
OP

Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me it’s the Tri-Bar pony. It is iconic and I love having it on the front of my CS. Also, although it may be plastic, it doesn’t look cheap at all. It is very nicely made and finished.

9C88DDAC-8D43-48C4-9F53-6AEE126342CF.jpeg
Love the car!

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'm just not the biggest fan of chrome. My wheels are performance wheels and I black out anything on the car thats chrome color. The offset tri-bar pony just looks great in my eye and even though its small i may black out the pony on it if I can get my hands on one.
My E/B HHP has the CS grill, It is nice but not a 1000.00 grill nice. wonder if that cool grand is both the upper and lower or just the upper.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
My E/B HHP has the CS grill, It is nice but not a 1000.00 grill nice. wonder if that cool grand is both the upper and lower or just the upper.
I think its just the upper. If you have a 2018+ the lower is already a billet style. At least mine is.

OP
OP

Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
I don't mind to get rid of both front and rear I can get take offs for $100 each.....I'll have to wait till I see in person.

Why are they so attractive?
I'm not sure why I like it so much, but it just gives it a unique style I think.

OP
OP

Steven926

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost mustang
Yeah for $1K should be billet machined alloy. It's a $20 part at most.
Well if you dont want it come Feb im definitely willing to pay or swap or pay+swap for it
Sponsored