Sponsored

2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I really want the Bullitt, I probably am one of the few here who does hope it is only a CS like package maybe with a few tweaks and want PP1 to be only an option on top. so I can buy a regular premium mustang with the A10 and a bullitt appearance package to make it easier on my budget.

What I would like for my order.

Bullitt Appearance
A10
401A
Safe + Smart
Active Exhaust

minus PP1

However I would not mind if the Dampening now became available on stock GT without PP1 if it was an exclusive Bullitt feature.

If Bullitt was not gonna be offered,

I want to order the following

401A
A10
Active Exhaust
Black Accent Package
Safe + Smart
Spoiler Delete
Magentic or Lightning Blue
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Pricing considerations:

GT Prem $39,095
401A 2,200
PP1 3,995

Min: $45,200 BEFORE consideration for the Bullitt" appearance items and things like MagRide which may be standard (another $1695) and the unknown exhaust issue (unique Bullitt exhaust as in 01 and 08 or active). These could easily push the car to $50k and above. They will not base the car on anything less then a GT Prem and 401A as the starting point.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Pricing considerations:

GT Prem $39,095
401A 2,200
PP1 3,995

Min: $45,200 BEFORE consideration for the Bullitt" appearance items and things like MagRide which may be standard (another $1695) and the unknown exhaust issue (unique Bullitt exhaust as in 01 and 08 or active). These could easily push the car to $50k and above. They will not base the car on anything less then a GT Prem and 401A as the starting point.
Just curious, why do you think 401A is a must? I've seen many older guys on other Bullitt pages saying they hate the digital stuff and want analog gauges so I think Ford would be better off leaving it as an option.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I really want the Bullitt, I probably am one of the few here who does hope it is only a CS like package maybe with a few tweaks and want PP1 to be only an option on top. so I can buy a regular premium mustang with the A10 and a bullitt appearance package to make it easier on my budget.

What I would like for my order.

Bullitt Appearance
A10
401A
Safe + Smart
Active Exhaust

minus PP1

However I would not mind if the Dampening now became available on stock GT without PP1 if it was an exclusive Bullitt feature.

If Bullitt was not gonna be offered,

I want to order the following

401A
A10
Active Exhaust
Black Accent Package
Safe + Smart
Spoiler Delete
Magentic or Lightning Blue
The Bullitt has historically been better handling and a little more powerful than a regular GT, so if it's just an appearance then many Bullitt fans will be let down.

If they let you get a Bullitt Appearance package with an option PP1, and magride then I'm sure most will be okay by that but miss the power bump.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm dying of laughter at all these guesses!!!! But I get the interest, and the guesses, it's an interesting conversation to have.

Who knows what Ford will do? If the decided to keep to the original formula, it would have Konis, modified heads for more power, a 4 spd manual, and no badges with minimal exterior trim.

A simple appearance package, in green with missing badges and trim, and then the torque thrust wheels, is really all that is necessary. If Ford wanted to, they could make it just an appearance and tire/wheel package.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'm dying of laughter at all these guesses!!!!

A simple appearance package, in green with missing badges and trim, and then the torque thrust wheels, is really all that is necessary. If Ford wanted to, they could make it just an appearance and tire/wheel package.
Couldn't agree more. A lot depends upon what program Ford established (planning and development costs vs units sold and price point).

I will say...I doubt it will be just an appearance pack. That (pure guess) is based upon Mustang history- which is certainly not binding.

The CA Special (and High Country Special) was always just an appearance pack and could be had on a 6 cyl or a 390 big block. It was about the 'appearance' and use of Shelby touches. So the modern CA Special fits that picture.

The Bullitt is clearly a 'movie car' and can be whatever Ford wants it to be - the key is the appearance ties to the movie car. But with the 01 and 08/09 Ford did up the game a wee bit in terms of handling and engine (and rear end gearing in 08) with some upgrading while staying shy of the upper class boys-Cobra/Shelbys.

The 'unique' world is harder now for Ford as the GT has 2 step up levels (PP1 and PP2) that put the GT as close to the Shelby GT350 and rumored GT500 as reasonably as possible. The head room between a PP2 and GT350 is getting narrow.

Thus my speculation at a top end GT (Prem 401) but with the PP1 package+ maybe, just maybe, a touch of the PP2. Say PP1 size wheels/rubber but PP2 parts for a slightly lowered suspension stance and Magneride as standard equipment. A nice mixture of PP1 and PP2 (as appropriate -PP2 spoilers would not be appropriate). Plus all the standard unique Bullitt touches. Standard seats with a unique leather or leather/alcantra covering etc.

I guess time will tell...if this is happening we should know in Detroit.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Just curious, why do you think 401A is a must? I've seen many older guys on other Bullitt pages saying they hate the digital stuff and want analog gauges so I think Ford would be better off leaving it as an option.
I've been lurking this thread mostly, and my gut was telling me a PP2 with paint and some BULLITT visuals, and the tweaked exhaust sound. Nothing to base it on, other than the engineers told us (in the day) that the '01 was all about handling and balance over HP. But damn, I want the green back.

Mostly wishful thinking, because what do I know about BULLITTs, eh Tony? :D

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Couldn't agree more. A lot depends upon what program Ford established (planning and development costs vs units sold and price point).

I will say...I doubt it will be just an appearance pack. That (pure guess) is based upon Mustang history- which is certainly not binding.

The CA Special (and High Country Special) was always just an appearance pack and could be had on a 6 cyl or a 390 big block. It was about the 'appearance' and use of Shelby touches. So the modern CA Special fits that picture.

The Bullitt is clearly a 'movie car' and can be whatever Ford wants it to be - the key is the appearance ties to the movie car. But with the 01 and 08/09 Ford did up the game a wee bit in terms of handling and engine (and rear end gearing in 08) with some upgrading while staying shy of the upper class boys-Cobra/Shelbys.

The 'unique' world is harder now for Ford as the GT has 2 step up levels (PP1 and PP2) that put the GT as close to the Shelby GT350 and rumored GT500 as reasonably as possible. The head room between a PP2 and GT350 is getting narrow.

Thus my speculation at a top end GT (Prem 401) but with the PP1 package+ maybe, just maybe, a touch of the PP2. Say PP1 size wheels/rubber but PP2 parts for a slightly lowered suspension stance and Magneride as standard equipment. A nice mixture of PP1 and PP2 (as appropriate -PP2 spoilers would not be appropriate). Plus all the standard unique Bullitt touches. Standard seats with a unique leather or leather/alcantra covering etc.

I guess time will tell...if this is happening we should know in Detroit.
I'm viewing(hoping) it as a compromise, the PP2 is "rumored" close the GT350 handling. So I'm hoping that the Bullitt is like a PP1, but instead of the added handling of the PP2, it a bit more power.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'd just want a GT with the color, missing trim, and wheels.

Let me add an appearance package to the GT I want.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, why do you think 401A is a must?
Nothing beyond a gut feeling. Ford is very proud of the new digital dash. I also think they may do something in terms of a retro effect with the digital. I fully respect and understand the desire (I wouldn't argue against it) to go with a very basic dash but I look back on the 2012 Boss 302 and the removed options: very poor stereo with no damn base speakers, no blue tooth, no nav etc...all kept out of the Boss to stay with 69/70 performance job 1 tradition (old school) and Ford got beat up for it--why some of that came back in the 2013 model.

I just have a gut feeling of staying 'modern' while trying to deliver old school touches. And I could be totally full of crap....

I also have to go with Carroll Shelby on this one. It is a Carroll quote that many posers do not like but perfect fits the Mustang (and Corvette) world. Shelby and Ford got a lot of complaints about the 1965 GT350 - too rough (altered suspension-dropped 1 in), too loud (side exhaust), a pain and noisy driving around town (detroit locker rearend), items in the trunk ruined by the battery acid (truck mounted battery), no back seat just a smelly spare ..so many of the 65 features were removed/altered/optional for the 1966 GT350.

At the time Carroll was quoted: I built a race car for the street when what they wanted was a street car that looked like a race car. Ford was reminded of that fact with the 2012 Boss 302. Thus retro styling for the 18 but 'modern'.

Last edited:

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
At the time Carroll was quoted: I built a race car for the street when what they wanted was a street car that looked like a race car. Ford was reminded of that fact with the 2012 Boss 302. Thus retro styling for the 18 but 'modern'.
I'd also say a bit of that is the fact the people that can likely afford those cars were older.. 40+. Younger people likely would have no problem with the comforts removed.

I notice that parity in my family. The older generation likes the GT350 because its Shelby and all the comforts. The younger don't care about Shelby's name, and don't get why the R isn't a gutted model like the 2000 R was. The older didn't like that the Z/28 was rather gutted, but the younger loved it because of that.

Older can afford it, most the younger can't. I'm just at that cross over that I'd want the Race Car for a street, but know that would eventually wear on me and I'd rather get a street car for the track.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've been lurking this thread mostly...

Mostly wishful thinking, because what do I know about BULLITTs, eh Tony? :D
You don't know squat, Mr. Zombie :-)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Nothing beyond a gut feeling. Ford is very proud of the new digital dash. I also think they may do something in terms of a retro effect with the digital. I fully respect and understand the desire (I wouldn't argue against it) to go with a very basic dash but I look back on the 2012 Boss 302 and the striped options: very poor stereo with no damn base speakers, no blue tooth, no nav etc...all kept out of the Boss to stay with 69/70 performance job 1 tradition (old school) and Ford got beat up for it--why some of that came back in the 2013
I’d agree with you if the digital gauges did anything more than the regular gauges, but they don’t. The jump in the 2013 cluster to Track Apps was a far bigger technological leap in my opinion because it actually added additional information and features that weren’t available in the older cluster. The 2018 digital cluster has almost nothing exclusive that the smaller center screen doesn’t have. Only 3 different gauge styles and some configurable shift lights. I’d rather keep the $2,200.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
That was also when they had a spare engine design around. The engine the Mach1 got was originally intended for a 2002(?) Cobra, but it was deemed not good enough. So they had spare engine, spare body parts and decided.. why not, we have most of this designed so it would be cheaper than having to design it from scratch.

The Mach1 was about as Parts-bin car as you can get. The plastic side scoop inserts even say Terminator on them. Unless they have an NA version of the next GT500 engine around I don't see a Mach1 happening soon. More so as the GT500 is rumored to be a SC 5.2L FPC. I'd love to see a new Mach1 but I don't think they will make one unless they decide to make a car with a non-FPC 5.2L. I'd rather it not just be a tweaked 5.0.
Although the Mach 1 was a product of re-cycling many exiting parts, the engine was not one of them. It is not the unused dog engine that was destined to be used in the 02 Cobra. That comes directly from Scott Hoag who designed both the '01 Bullitt as well as the SN95 Mach 1. And the side scoops are standard Mustang, if you have Termi inserts, someone replaced them. The C-pillar and quarter windows were Bullitt sourced, and the seats were Cobra based. There were many unique pieces as well, but there were budget constraints which kept things like Cobra Jet scripts off the shaker.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Although the Mach 1 was a product of re-cycling many exiting parts, the engine was not one of them. It is not the unused dog engine that was destined to be used in the 02 Cobra. That comes directly from Scott Hoag who designed both the '01 Bullitt as well as the SN95 Mach 1. And the side scoops are standard Mustang, if you have Termi inserts, someone replaced them. The C-pillar and quarter windows were Bullitt sourced, and the seats were Cobra based. There were many unique pieces as well, but there were budget constraints which kept things like Cobra Jet scripts off the shaker.
Your assumption is the next "Hyperstang" will be called GT500. It could be the next Cobra or even Mach 1
Sponsored