Sponsored

2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
What would make perfect sense is that the Bullitt changes/upgrades and details would filter in to a rebirth of a Mach 1 package, just as it had in '03/'04.
That was also when they had a spare engine design around. The engine the Mach1 got was originally intended for a 2002(?) Cobra, but it was deemed not good enough. So they had spare engine, spare body parts and decided.. why not, we have most of this designed so it would be cheaper than having to design it from scratch.

The Mach1 was about as Parts-bin car as you can get. The plastic side scoop inserts even say Terminator on them. Unless they have an NA version of the next GT500 engine around I don't see a Mach1 happening soon. More so as the GT500 is rumored to be a SC 5.2L FPC. I'd love to see a new Mach1 but I don't think they will make one unless they decide to make a car with a non-FPC 5.2L. I'd rather it not just be a tweaked 5.0.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Mind you those 3000/3500 went mostly towards chassis and performance tuning that was otherwise unavailable on the GT. Nowadays we have the brand new upgraded for 2018 PP1 and PP2 plus optional MagneRide. It would make zero sense to me that Ford would develop a third performance package just for a run of a few thousand cars on a generation that has only 2.5 model years left anyway. I support the theory that the Bullitt package will be a combination of PP1 with some specific optical things like paint, badging and upholstery. Which would be just fine with me.
I'm expecting MOSTLY PP1, maybe better brakes. If it's like the last Bullitts it will also have an intake upgrade, perhaps TB, and tweaked tune, but with what we know about the 2018's so far there is not a lot to get out of the stock tune on 93. So maybe rated at 475-480? Maybe also a different exhaust sound.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That was also when they had a spare engine design around. The engine the Mach1 got was originally intended for a 2002(?) Cobra, but it was deemed not good enough. So they had spare engine, spare body parts and decided.. why not, we have most of this designed so it would be cheaper than having to design it from scratch.

The Mach1 was about as Parts-bin car as you can get. The plastic side scoop inserts even say Terminator on them. Unless they have an NA version of the next GT500 engine around I don't see a Mach1 happening soon. More so as the GT500 is rumored to be a SC 5.2L FPC. I'd love to see a new Mach1 but I don't think they will make one unless they decide to make a car with a non-FPC 5.2L. I'd rather it not just be a tweaked 5.0.
This is what I posted about the Mach 1 in 2015. Lol @ the $40k price I quoted as unreasonable..and look at where we are now.

The "tuned" 5.0 and better exhaust I theorized about have also been solved by the DI/PI 5.0 and Active Exhaust. They're going to have to get pretty creative to make a new Mach 1 worth the effort now that we have all of that other stuff.

I just have a feeling it may be more on the side of already available features & a cosmetics package than an actual model, sort of like the GT/CS. The most recent Mach 1, if you take away the 4V 4.6, was pretty much a GT with a track package and the classic Mach 1 cosmetic bits.

They didn't have a performance package for regular GTs at that time, and now that there is one, the exclusivity of bigger brakes, better struts/shocks/springs and a different rear end gear is lost on the Mach 1.

That leaves the engine and cosmetics. The 5.0 seems pretty much like a solid package unless they change the intake, load it with a tune and include an FRPP exhaust. I don't really see what else they could do short of add a supercharger...but that's not a Mach 1 trait. It definitely won't have the distinction that the 4V 4.6 did over the 2v.

And all that leaves is the cosmetics. Chin spoiler, grille delete, some wheels that hopefully don't look like the classic Mach wheels, as they'd be quite out of place on the SS50, and some black bits on the panels. I'm not quite sure a Shaker hood scoop would look right on these cars, intakes sticking through the hood is way too retro for modern car designs.

That said, I hope it does turn out to be something that actually has some unique value as older Mach 1s did. But, if it's really just going to be a GTPP with Mach 1 body parts, that'd be a shame and quite frankly a scam if they charge north of $40,000

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm expecting MOSTLY PP1, maybe better brakes. If it's like the last Bullitts it will also have an intake upgrade, perhaps TB, and tweaked tune, but with what we know about the 2018's so far there is not a lot to get out of the stock tune on 93. So maybe rated at 475-480? Maybe also a different exhaust sound.
The PP1 has more than capable enough brakes for pretty much anything, including track duty. There would be absolutely no need for anything more. Heck, even the base GT brakes are more than enough for anything up to track duty. They need a better pad and fluid for track use, but there's nothing inherently too weak.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
We were all so naive way back in 2015. $40k for a Mach 1, i wish. If the Bullitt isn't much different from a PP1 i can see it being $44k base since 301A will be required just like every other option that's worth a damn.
Bullitts previously have been based on Premium trims. Could change this time around, but if they stick to the trend then a Premium PP1 is already 44k. Add the Bullitt treatment on top of that and you have your base price. If Bullitt only adds cosmetics to PP1 and doesn't have any other bundled options, I'd guess a $2,000 to $3,000 increase like California Special (which was $1,995).

Looking at this California Special picture, it really does seem possible from the spy shot that the Bullitt could have standard brakes, which is fine to me as they're still great brakes, as Bmac mentioned. Plus it would mean a Bullitt could start in the low 40s instead of high 40s.
Mustang3.jpg

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Bullitts previously have been based on Premium trims. Could change this time around, but if they stick to the trend then a Premium PP1 is already 44k. Add the Bullitt treatment on top of that and you have your base price. If Bullitt only adds cosmetics to PP1 and doesn't have any other bundled options, I'd guess a $2,000 to $3,000 increase like California Special (which was $1,995).

Looking at this California Special picture, it really does seem possible from the spy shot that the Bullitt could have standard brakes, which is fine to me as they're still great brakes, as Bmac mentioned. Plus it would mean a Bullitt could start in the low 40s instead of high 40s.
If it ends up being little more than a CS I'll be disappointed. It will make it definately feel like they made the Bullitt just for a money grab.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It's that green though and Ford knows it. If i could get DHG or even Guard on my car I would.
As a fan of dark green all my life. It's the #1 reason I love the Bullitts.

Ford has a habit of limiting the colors I like to really short runs.

Dark Highland Green
Azure Blue
Nitrous Blue
Mandarin Copper Orange

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Mind you those 3000/3500 went mostly towards chassis and performance tuning that was otherwise unavailable on the GT. Nowadays we have the brand new upgraded for 2018 PP1 and PP2 plus optional MagneRide. It would make zero sense to me that Ford would develop a third performance package just for a run of a few thousand cars on a generation that has only 2.5 model years left anyway. I support the theory that the Bullitt package will be a combination of PP1 with some specific optical things like paint, badging and upholstery. Which would be just fine with me.
It could very well be. As others have said, the base GT now is such a strong performer, and we have wonderful handling options, that there is more of a foundation than before, as opposed to lower volume special tweaks.

That said, I could envision the Bullitt option performance tweaks to include a custom exhaust, an open air filter element, a custom calibration that doesn't materially result in a big power increase, and custom suspension tuning of the base suspension but not to the level of PP1. This is my conjecture based on history and what the option cost was in the past.

It appears we will know soon!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I am calling it now. This is going to be the following.

• PP1
  • Magnetic Dampers
  • Bullitt Emblems
  • Bullitt exterior color palette
  • Q-Ball satin silver shift knob
  • Seats that have Bullitt Embroidered on them
  • Bullitt Wheels - Polished outer lip / Gloss Black center and spokes.
  • Bullitt numbered dash badge
  • Engine cover with Bullitt badge
  • Bullitt grill

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I am calling it now. This is going to be the following.

• PP1
  • Magnetic Dampers
  • Bullitt Emblems
  • Bullitt exterior color palette
  • Q-Ball satin silver shift knob
  • Seats that have Bullitt Embroidered on them
  • Bullitt Wheels - Polished outer lip / Gloss Black center and spokes.
  • Bullitt numbered dash badge
  • Engine cover with Bullitt badge
  • Bullitt grill
If that's what it is then I'd be fine with that. It will probably have the Shaker audio or least have it an an option. I'd add either an active exhaust with custom muffler, or regular exhaust with custom muffler.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I figure it will have the active exhaust system as well.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
wishful thinking...
17230299_10209210921849896_1107903334_o.jpg
17203601_10209210922009900_873306336_n.jpg
16522918_10208941237587958_1884635881_n.jpg
Sponsored