Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ahhh now I get what that picture was :cheers:

Wonder why they went all the way to the UK to film it.
Yeah I found that odd too, plenty of tracks in the U.S.

Of course San Francisco would be the best place to film a commercial but I'm guessing they figured there's no way the car wouldn't get spied in a city. I'm hoping after the reveal they film a proper homage in SF. If they don't, I will. :D

These pictures might not be super recent, but maybe Twin Turbo can do some asking around since it's on his side of the pond.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wonder why they went all the way to the UK to film it.

AND WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME?!?!?!?! (OK....they probably know I'd struggle to keep it secret....but I would have......honestly!! :D )

Wonder if I can work out which dealership this was......and whether the filming included an '18 Bullitt (which you'd assume it would). That's going to be hard to keep under wraps :ninja:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
AND WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME?!?!?!?! (OK....they probably know I'd struggle to keep it secret....but I would have......honestly!! :D )

Wonder if I can work out which dealership this was......and whether the filming included an '18 Bullitt (which you'd assume it would). That's going to be hard to keep under wraps :ninja:
They mention it's a dealer in West Sussex, not sure how many Ford dealers are in that area though. :shrug:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They mention it's a dealer in West Sussex, not sure how many Ford dealers are in that area though. :shrug:
Time to turn detective ( :p ) and find out who owns the '68 Fastback. Whilst there are a number of Bullitt clones over here, it should be too difficult to track down.

Mind you, I suspect NDAs have been signed......

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Time to turn detective ( :p ) and find out who owns the '68 Fastback. Whilst there are a number of Bullitt clones over here, it should be too difficult to track down.

Found the dealership :D curiosity got the better of me! Very few "Ford Stores" over here (Ford Dealerships that sell the Mustang), so literally a handful in West Sussex. HOWEVER, it wasn't a Fordstore in the end (very sneaky Ford), it's Hendy Ford in Horsham.

Dunsfold was the giveaway - closest Dealership to it.

That's all the detective work I have time for today :ford: so Paul - any idea who the owner may be?
ford.JPG

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Maybe the dealer has some hints they can drop if the Bullitt or Charger owners don't? :gossip:

Found the dealership :D curiosity got the better of me! Very few "Ford Stores" over here (Ford Dealerships that sell the Mustang), so literally a handful in West Sussex. HOWEVER, it wasn't a Fordstore in the end (very sneaky Ford), it's Hendy Ford in Horsham.

Dunsfold was the giveaway - closest Dealership to it.

That's all the detective work I have time for today :ford: so Paul - any idea who the owner may be?
Nice! Thanks for figuring it out! :cheers:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great detective work, Kristian :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can contact the dealership and do some covert enquiries :D

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Regarding the NAIAS in Detroit in January, a couple weeks ago the NAIAS sent out a media advisory letting everyone know that Ford will be having their press conference on Sunday, January 14th, in Cobo Center at the Ford stand (Joe Louis arena where they used to have their press conference is now closed and awaiting demolition). It'll be 45 minutes long from 4:30-5:15. The email mentioned Ford's "worldwide debuts" so I'm guessing they're revealing more than one vehicle.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'll give props to Hendy Ford.....they replied already!!:

"Good afternoon and thank you for your enquiry,

We have not yet had news of the Bullitt Edition, I can only see the ‘potential’ of a 2019 model year for USA Mustang.
Did you want to await to see if further information progresses?"

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

We have not yet had news of the Bullitt Edition, I can only see the ‘potential’ of a 2019 model year for USA Mustang.
I've heard a few others suggest it'll be a 2019 model, which doesn't make sense or seem likely to me unless there's no Mach 1 or Cobra coming for 2019.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I'd say it's time for a more cheeky email telling them that you know about the commercial recordings and are wondering what's up with that :D

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I've heard a few others suggest it'll be a 2019 model, which doesn't make sense or seem likely to me unless there's no Mach 1 or Cobra coming for 2019.
Being as the Bullitt has historically just been a appearance/suspension package with a minor power bump I don't see that impacting Cobra sales. More so if the new Cobra is a GT500 as rumored. A GT350 or Mach1 I'd agree it could dent sales on.

I see it as being closer to a tweaked PP1 with maybe a intake, catback, tune change. That wouldn't be stepping on a SC/Turbo/7.0L GT500 at all. It would slot in more a cross sale to people that want a PP2, or an up-sale to base GT/PP1 buyers.

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Contradictory statement if you ask me. "potential of a 2019 model year" if referring to the Bullitt is very much news!!!

Horsham isn't to far TT - shall we raid the dealership?

A 2019 production model could make sense if it was launched in 2018 no? Would give Ford time to iron out any production issues of the my 18 and develop something over and above what is on offer currently.

Still confused about why the hell this was done in England :shrug:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Contradictory statement if you ask me. "potential of a 2019 model year" if referring to the Bullitt is very much news!!!

Horsham isn't to far TT - shall we raid the dealership?

A 2019 production model could make sense if it was launched in 2018 no? Would give Ford time to iron out any production issues of the my 18 and develop something over and above what is on offer currently.

Still confused about why the hell this was done in England :shrug:
Maybe to help boost global sales. If they do all the promos in the US other countries won't respond as well.

Likely cost too. It was cheaper to turn Glassboro into Philadelphia for the movie World War Z than it was to just film in Philly.
Sponsored