2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
IMO, the 15-17 18" Foundry wheel did that perfectly. Make a 19" version that's 9-9.5" wide, and they're good to go. Forget the chrome lip...looks tacky. Do the whole wheel in a dark stainless/gunmetal.

I've seen aftermarket torque thrusts on a 15 S550, and it looked awful and out of place.
Thank you!!! Someone gets it.... I have been dying for the aftermarket to make a wheel like this... A nice 19x9.5" concave Foundry style wheel would be perfect. I have even come close to designing my own and having them made until I realized just how much that was going to cost.... :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I would be tempted to sell my Shelby to get a Bullitt. Main reason being I'm not sold on the 5.2 holding up. I also like the after market mods that are proven for the 5.0 and I like something a bit different and the Bullitt would be that. Just a bit different than most. Notice I did not say special, just different and a 10 speed auto.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Lets be realistic, what does this model offer to justify nearly $60,000? I mean steve mcqeen is dead ��! And the car died with him!
It won’t be even close to 60k. Ford would be smoking crack if they think they could sell a slower Mustang at Shelby prices. :frusty:

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Lets be realistic, what does this model offer to justify nearly $60,000? I mean steve mcqeen is dead ��! And the car died with him!
Shelby died, did the upcoming car die with him? Nope.

Or the GT350? Nope

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I already have a deposit at a dealer for a Bullitt at X-Plan or equivalent price. So I’m getting a ~2k discount on a very early Bullitt. And even if somebody wanted to waste money paying a markup, considering these will start well under 50k, it would still be way under 60 with an average markup.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I did not pay a ADM for my Shelby nor would I for a Bullitt or any car for that matter. Wait six months and MSRP or less. At least here in Texas anyway. I get there are always guys and gals that have to have the latest and greatest today, but that ain't me.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I also can't envision $60K pricing. It overlaps a GT350. If it's positioned like the last, it will be a several thousand dollar option added to a GT Premium, which currently starts at $40K. Also, there weren't many options for either of the previous cars, so getting more than $10K on top seems unlikely to me. Performance and styling enhancements came in the Bullitt option price. For 2001, the option was about $3000, for 08/09, it was about $3500. In today's dollars, I could see a $5000 option price.

Yes, you can load up a GT with options to $50K+ range, but I cannot envision that because I believe the Bullitt option will have enough performance content baked into it. This is my speculation as someone who owns and has followed both Bullitt cars over the years.

Sardeanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
at least with a shelby you get something to write home about...what does the bullit offer?
For me the Bullitt has a simple, stripped down bare bones feel. I'm a fan of spoiler delete and simplified front end. The color is unique and classic. Not a huge Steve McQueen fan more a fan of the car. I hope it's real.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
For 2001, the option was about $3000, for 08/09, it was about $3500. In today's dollars, I could see a $5000 option price.
Mind you those 3000/3500 went mostly towards chassis and performance tuning that was otherwise unavailable on the GT. Nowadays we have the brand new upgraded for 2018 PP1 and PP2 plus optional MagneRide. It would make zero sense to me that Ford would develop a third performance package just for a run of a few thousand cars on a generation that has only 2.5 model years left anyway. I support the theory that the Bullitt package will be a combination of PP1 with some specific optical things like paint, badging and upholstery. Which would be just fine with me.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Mind you those 3000/3500 went mostly towards chassis and performance tuning that was otherwise unavailable on the GT. Nowadays we have the brand new upgraded for 2018 PP1 and PP2 plus optional MagneRide. It would make zero sense to me that Ford would develop a third performance package just for a run of a few thousand cars on a generation that has only 2.5 model years left anyway. I support the theory that the Bullitt package will be a combination of PP1 with some specific optical things like paint, badging and upholstery. Which would be just fine with me.
What would make perfect sense is that the Bullitt changes/upgrades and details would filter in to a rebirth of a Mach 1 package, just as it had in '03/'04.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
. I support the theory that the Bullitt package will be a combination of PP1 with some specific optical things like paint, badging and upholstery. Which would be just fine with me.
That sounds like the most logical path to me. I would also assume a different exhaust set up as well. IIRC the S197 Bullitt had unique mufflers
Sponsored