Sponsored

2018 airbox intake VS JLT 120mm. what's the best. DYNO RESULTS

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Oh for some reason I thought you car was a 2017 with the Gen 2 which is why I was confused as to how it could carry the power so well when all other Gen 2s nosedive at higher RPMs.

The 2nd and 3rd line definitely look more inline with a Gen 3, however something is up with the first green line. It nosedives too fast and is similar curve to the Gen 2s which due to their manifold don't carry power well past 6700. I wonder if your original filter was really dirty.
Sponsored

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
I know this thread is old but I have a sneaking suspicion that a 2018 OEM/Steeda Closed CAI paired with a velossa tech big mouth kit and the grille opened up would easily outflow the JLT setup. A simple data log comparing the JLT and the closed boxes with velossa tech could determine while truly makes more power with real air pressure affecting the closed boxes, so long as you look at both STFT and LTFT when correcting for a true MAF lbs/min measurement. As long as it's corrected for those factors and the atmospheric conditions, lbs/min is a decent indicator of flow potential. Even with the big mouth kit, I can't see the open filter setups taking any benefit from air pressure at speed, and as others have pointed out the vents create a whole different situation.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Even with the big mouth kit, I can't see the open filter setups taking any benefit from air pressure at speed,
IMO, it’s more about quality laminar air flow through the MAF housing @ the MAF sensor location.
Only a few companies that make higher CFM MAF housing have accomplished this.
Flowbench testing is mandatory.

OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I know this thread is old but I have a sneaking suspicion that a 2018 OEM/Steeda Closed CAI paired with a velossa tech big mouth kit and the grille opened up would easily outflow the JLT setup. A simple data log comparing the JLT and the closed boxes with velossa tech could determine while truly makes more power with real air pressure affecting the closed boxes, so long as you look at both STFT and LTFT when correcting for a true MAF lbs/min measurement. As long as it's corrected for those factors and the atmospheric conditions, lbs/min is a decent indicator of flow potential. Even with the big mouth kit, I can't see the open filter setups taking any benefit from air pressure at speed, and as others have pointed out the vents create a whole different situation.
Let me know if you do.
I believe velossa is... A overrated product.
But im ready to accept new
Possibilities :)
Sponsored