krishelnino

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Many are 5" where they attach the filter. The important number is the diameter where the MAF sensor is. That affects the transfer function and if significantly off from OEM, will flow different than expected and set a CEL due to more/less downstream O2 than expected.
I requested that info as well, said their tech will email me. Will update once i get but think it's same as stock.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That makes me skeptical. Any change to intake piping should require a recalibration of the maf. Cel or not i can't see that running correctly or making the advertised power.
No tune intake is doubtful for any noticeable HP gains imho. Unless the OEM design is just terrible (which 18+ is not) no maf increase means no tune required which means no gain to be had.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
No tune intake is doubtful for any noticeable HP gains imho. Unless the OEM design is just terrible (which 18+ is not) no maf increase means no tune required which means no gain to be had.
Agreed.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
This blanket statement is not true. The maf on all vehicles is designed to detect air speed. It cannot detect volume. It is a calculated number and one of the numbers is going to be determined by tube size. So as long as the tube size stays the same at the maf, air speed could increase or decrease without the need for a tune as long as it falls within the maf parameters. Just because it requires a tune doesnt mean its increasing fueling or timing etc. All they are doing is changing the calculated number so that the maf speed that is sensed is calculated right for volume.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
That makes me skeptical. Any change to intake piping should require a recalibration of the maf. Cel or not i can't see that running correctly or making the advertised power.
It doesn't, because that's exactly what the MAF is there for. It's to measure incoming airflow so even if the area pre-MAF is bigger, it will be able to measure it.

However in order for the MAF to be able to do that calculation accurately, the MAF area needs to remain the same as that's part of the overall equation.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
This blanket statement is not true. The maf on all vehicles is designed to detect air speed. It cannot detect volume. It is a calculated number and one of the numbers is going to be determined by tube size. So as long as the tube size stays the same at the maf, air speed could increase or decrease without the need for a tune as long as it falls within the maf parameters. Just because it requires a tune doesnt mean its increasing fueling or timing etc. All they are doing is changing the calculated number so that the maf speed that is sensed is calculated right for volume.
I suppose blanket statements are not always the most appropriate. I was more going for rule of thumb on the general concept but your statement is fair.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
This topic has been beaten to death but just wanted to ask if anyone tried these for the 2018+ cars. I came across them on AM website and the reviews seem to be good. I doubt the hp/tq claims made their website though. The dry version is listed as +19 hp, +11 lb-ft, 595 CFM where as the Pro 5R oiled version +18 hp, +15 lb-ft, 635 CFM

https://www.americanmuscle.com/afe-...ke-with-pro-dry-s-filter-black-50-70033d.html
https://www.americanmuscle.com/afe-2018mustang-momentum-gt-pro-5r-cai.html
https://afepower.com/afe-power-50-70033d-momentum-gt-pro-dry-s-cold-air-intake-system

They also list the open box versions of these on their website

Btw i'm planning to use the 2018 stockbox with aFe dry flow filter after reading the recommendations from everyone and get a Flexfuel tune

50-70033d_fc_2.1551993922.jpg

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
We sell them here at @LethalPerformance! Great intake, we sold a good number of them! I can get you taken care of on one! https://www.lethalperformance.com/afe-2015-mustang-gt-momentum-gt-pro-5r-intake.html
Sponsored