Sponsored

2018-2020 MUSTANG GT CALIBRATION W/COLD AIR INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Even on the matter of warranty, isn't the burden of proof on the manufacturer that the modifications caused the failure? In which case, I wouldn't expect the manufacturer to cover such damage anyway.

I know, long argued about point on internet car forums.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Even on the matter of warranty, isn't the burden of proof on the manufacturer that the modifications caused the failure? In which case, I wouldn't expect the manufacturer to cover such damage anyway.

I know, long argued about point on internet car forums.
Dealers/Manufacturers don't have to prove anything. The Magnuson-Moss Act, that you are referring to was created not for high performance after-market parts. It was created so you didn't have to use Ford Motorcraft filters and such or your warranty is voided. Go tune your Mustang, blow the engine up and come back to tell us how it went with the warranty claim. I don't think its in dispute that an E85 tune and drop in filter will equal or exceed the FRPP tune at a fraction of the cost. However, Ford actually went through the expense of getting a CARB EO exempt number, not a cheap expense at all. The warranty part is also a big deal for those who just purchased their car.

Also, I know a friend of mine who has a 2018 Mustang GT 6MT that got over 20rwhp with the FRPP kit, he isn't a member and I am trying to get the dyno for this as well. A member on this board did post their dyno up and here is their dyno chart.
E1966E48-EC54-44D3-9E9F-C0BA8091519D.jpeg

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I don't think its in dispute that an E85 tune and drop in filter will equal or exceed the FRPP tune at a fraction of the cost.
I would venture to say probably close to double the performance increase. BUT, to your point, that extra cost goes towards the carb and being warranty friendly. So definitely pros and cons going either way all depends on which aspects are most important to the customer.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Dealers/Manufacturers don't have to prove anything. The Magnuson-Moss Act, that you are referring to was created not for high performance after-market parts. It was created so you didn't have to use Ford Motorcraft filters and such or your warranty is voided. Go tune your Mustang, blow the engine up and come back to tell us how it went with the warranty claim. I don't think its in dispute that an E85 tune and drop in filter will equal or exceed the FRPP tune at a fraction of the cost. However, Ford actually went through the expense of getting a CARB EO exempt number, not a cheap expense at all. The warranty part is also a big deal for those who just purchased their car.

Also, I know a friend of mine who has a 2018 Mustang GT 6MT that got over 20rwhp with the FRPP kit, he isn't a member and I am trying to get the dyno for this as well. A member on this board did post their dyno up and here is their dyno chart.
E1966E48-EC54-44D3-9E9F-C0BA8091519D.jpeg
If they would've revved this further out it would've shown more gain. They stopped the pull at 6900 rpm. They may have hit the speed limit on the dyno.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would venture to say probably close to double the performance increase. BUT, to your point, that extra cost goes towards the carb and being warranty friendly. So definitely pros and cons going either way all depends on which aspects are most important to the customer.

Ford aint making this easy, just delayed it again until the end of September. ARGGHHH!!

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they would've revved this further out it would've shown more gain. They stopped the pull at 6900 rpm. They may have hit the speed limit on the dyno.

Correct, with a 4th gear 1:1 you hit the speed limiter..

Dave

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
I was thing of getting Ford Performance 2018-2020 Mustang GT Calibration w/Cold Air Intake and Throttle body as my first major mod on my new Mustang PP2 .I am not even sure if this is out as i am not able to order it until the 21st of August,The upgrade is supposed offer. + 42FT-LB @2000rpm Peak gains of +19 HP and +18 ft-lb. Anybody have any thoughts about this product or a camparable one by Ford? Thanks in advance
I installed this kit on my ā€˜20 PP1 convertible A10 and I love it. There is no doubt there is a performance gain.

1. Off the line, the throttle seems enhanced, almost like what those Pedal Commander devices do.
2. The A10 shifts are greatly improved, trans line pressures are increased, full throttle upshifts bang hard. Downshifting has rev-matching which sounds super sexy. (I only drive in Sport+).
3. The exhaust sounds much better due to a ā€˜lil more air flow or the sound tube removal or a combination of both. Sounds like a well-breathing V8, rather than a choking V8.

Warranty is maintained as well, so Iā€™m happy about that. Value is in the eye of the beholder. For me personally, the kit is a great value.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I had plans to get this kit to keep warranty and pass smog in CA.

I just had a baseline dyno done prior to going this route. I fear if I get this calibration, it might actually be worse than my stock numbers since it seems my car has good numbers already, only mod is a cat-back. I guess if I get the kit installed, I will probably drive 1000+ miles and only dyno several months later after things get relearned for a more accurate reading. some who got this dynod just right after install.

1609886619532.png

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
I installed this kit on my ā€˜20 PP1 convertible A10 and I love it. There is no doubt there is a performance gain.

1. Off the line, the throttle seems enhanced, almost like what those Pedal Commander devices do.
2. The A10 shifts are greatly improved, trans line pressures are increased, full throttle upshifts bang hard. Downshifting has rev-matching which sounds super sexy. (I only drive in Sport+).
3. The exhaust sounds much better due to a ā€˜lil more air flow or the sound tube removal or a combination of both. Sounds like a well-breathing V8, rather than a choking V8.

Warranty is maintained as well, so Iā€™m happy about that. Value is in the eye of the beholder. For me personally, the kit is a great value.
How much did you pay for install out of curiosity?

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
I think it was about 1.75 hours...so $175 Canadian $.
Not sure what shop rates are in your area.
Had my dealer do it to get/maintain warranty.

The kit is truly amazing!

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A dealer is anywhere from $275-$400, you're from Jersey. Rates are high there as well.

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
just got mine, will be on next week. letting dealer do it to maintain warranty as much as possible. Question, has any one tried using the procal4 on any other vehicle as a simple code reader or is it so married to mustang it won't function anywhere else? Asked FRP about selling this later and someone else buying a tune for theirs and was told nope, when I'm done with it, it's a brick!!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Question, has any one tried using the procal4 on any other vehicle as a simple code reader or is it so married to mustang it won't function anywhere else?
The tune itself is locked to the vechicle, so you can't use the same device to tune another car. But that shouldn't prevent you from simply using it as a logging device, although it would probably only work on Fords.

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
The tune itself is locked to the vechicle, so you can't use the same device to tune another car. But that shouldn't prevent you from simply using it as a logging device, although it would probably only work on Fords.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking I'll give it a shot and report back.

Jeffac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi all, thinking of having this kit installed by a dealer, but Iā€™m having a little trouble arranging for it. Dealer doesnā€™t seem all that familiar and Iā€™m not sure exactly who to talk to there. Iā€™ve been getting kicked around between the operator, parts person, and a service tech. I thought I was set with ordering myself from Ford Performance, where it was on sale, and having it shipped to the dealer, but they would only give the sale price if a dealer ordered it, but the dealer didnā€™t know anything about a sales price. Based on experiences whatā€™s the best approach ? Iā€™d like to get a sales price if thatā€™s possible, but at this point Iā€™d settle for just the dealer ordering and installing. I assume they have to order it if I want them to install it. Who should I work through at the dealer?
Sponsored