Sponsored

2018-2020 MUSTANG GT CALIBRATION W/COLD AIR INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
loicy
Vehicle(s)
2020 MUSTANG GT PP2 ,2018 DODGE CHALLENGER RT
I was thing of getting Ford Performance 2018-2020 Mustang GT Calibration w/Cold Air Intake and Throttle body as my first major mod on my new Mustang PP2 .I am not even sure if this is out as i am not able to order it until the 21st of August,The upgrade is supposed offer. + 42FT-LB @2000rpm Peak gains of +19 HP and +18 ft-lb. Anybody have any thoughts about this product or a camparable one by Ford? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Its been out for some time I have it on my car. The kits are currently back order though.

Here are a few of the many threads on this kit.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...t-ford-performance.140909/page-6#post-2986085
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/18-gt-performance-tune-pac.137936/page-11#post-2976954

Its a mixed bag. some say its great some say its crap. depends on what you want. I am personally in the camp of I wish I could get my money back. it adds very little and the tune you get you are stuck with. Theres nothing else you can do with it. It is not modifiable and no one can write for it. And the tuner box if pretty much useless after you use it to flash. it makes the auto trans a bit smoother but the power added is meh for 1000 plus bucks and then another 400 plus to get it installed. there are better options and with more power and usability. Also if you change any other part it basically makes the whole tune worthless. Example with a lund or sxt you change a part you can modify the tune. With this one its for a CAI and throttle body that sit. if you add anything else the whole tune is worth less. If all you want is a slight bump and are happy with just a CAI and Throttle body and want to keep warranty (only if a ford dealer or other sae certified tech installs it and loggs it which makes this tune about 1400-1600 depending on installer) then spend the money for this if not look else where.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
There are far better bang for your buck options. Double the performance for fraction of the cost. And to @Briebee72 point any future mod that requires a tune revision requires a whole new tuning device, new tuner and a new tune, instead of just a tune revision if you go with custom tuning to begin with. But if you plan on doing no other power mods and are just wanting a conservative slight bump in performance maybe it's an option for you. Keep in mind it's open "cold" air intake too so you are looking at increased iats too which can negatively affect performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SILVERCOYOTE58
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
loicy
Vehicle(s)
Its been out for some time I have it on my car. The kits are currently back order though.

Here are a few of the many threads on this kit.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...t-ford-performance.140909/page-6#post-2986085
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/18-gt-performance-tune-pac.137936/page-11#post-2976954

Its a mixed bag. some say its great some say its crap. depends on what you want. I am personally in the camp of I wish I could get my money back. it adds very little and the tune you get you are stuck with. Theres nothing else you can do with it. It is not modifiable and no one can write for it. And the tuner box if pretty much useless after you use it to flash. it makes the auto trans a bit smoother but the power added is meh for 1000 plus bucks and then another 400 plus to get it installed. there are better options and with more power and usability. Also if you change any other part it basically makes the whole tune worthless. Example with a lund or sxt you change a part you can modify the tune. With this one its for a CAI and throttle body that sit. if you add anything else the whole tune is worth less. If all you want is a slight bump and are happy with just a CAI and Throttle body and want to keep warranty (only if a ford dealer or other sae certified tech installs it and loggs it which makes this tune about 1400-1600 depending on installer) then spend the money for this if not look else where.
Briebee72,
thanks for the feedback.I want to do mods that are adaptable and give me the best gains.Plus i want to get the most out of my money.I will look at other options thanks again.

OP
OP
SILVERCOYOTE58
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
loicy
Vehicle(s)
There are far better bang for your buck options. Double the performance for fraction of the cost. And to @Briebee72 point any future mod that requires a tune revision requires a whole new tuning device, new tuner and a new tune, instead of just a tune revision if you go with custom tuning to begin with. But if you plan on doing no other power mods and are just wanting a conservative slight bump in performance maybe it's an option for you. Keep in mind it's open "cold" air intake too so you are looking at increased iats too which can negatively affect performance.
Thank you for the help.Just dont want to waste money and and looking for something that will truly boost performance.Thank you I will keep researching before i make a decision.I wa s hoping this would work as i am trying not to destroy my warranty

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Thank you for the help.Just dont want to waste money and and looking for something that will truly boost performance.Thank you I will keep researching before i make a decision.I wa s hoping this would work as i am trying not to destroy my warranty
No problem, It is all personal perspective and only 1 persons opinion. so just read up and see what you like. I would say though if you are gonna do any mods past CAI and throttle body then dont get this one as you'll just be wasting money as it is not upgradeable at all. better off just buying the CAI and Throttle body (can be bought for under 600) and a tune system that can be modified and upgraded as you change parts.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
To the OP, keep in mind you are in California. If you keep the car beyond the 8 yr. mark you will have to smog the car and you can't do it with an aftermarket tune unless it has a CARB E0#. Also if you want to keep your warranty the first 3 yrs. the FRPP kit really is the only play in town other than the Roush kit. I too would love to run E85 but want to keep my warranty the first 3 years. The smogging part not so much an issue as you can always retune to stock for smogging. If you do end up with an E85 tune the good news is here in Cali we get the real deal other wise it is taxed like regular gasoline. Most E85 stations in Cali the E85 tests at E87+.

On a side note, I sold my E92 M3 to a guy who sold his 2019 PP2 car to get my E92. He switched the E92 to full on E85 and man the M3 ripped.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I was thing of getting Ford Performance 2018-2020 Mustang GT Calibration w/Cold Air Intake and Throttle body as my first major mod on my new Mustang PP2 .I am not even sure if this is out as i am not able to order it until the 21st of August,The upgrade is supposed offer. + 42FT-LB @2000rpm Peak gains of +19 HP and +18 ft-lb. Anybody have any thoughts about this product or a camparable one by Ford? Thanks in advance
I would recommend going with a Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno tune. The Ford Performance calibration would only be beneficial to retain warranty. Going with Lund Racing or PBD would increase performance substantially compared to the Ford calibration.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I would recommend going with a Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno tune. The Ford Performance calibration would only be beneficial to retain warranty. Going with Lund Racing or PBD would increase performance substantially compared to the Ford calibration.
This plus or AED as an option. Tune for e85 if available, best bang for the buck. More power, fraction of the cost. Can add long tubes for extra power.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I think Ford is making ventilators instead of these kits...

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B

Wow, that is a mountain of extra torque, not to mention very low in the power band.
Would love to be proven wrong but it just seems way too good to be true.
How could they possibly extract that much more low end torque?

I'd happily give it a shot *if* they guarantee the results or you money back. Have a feeling that's unlikely :giggle:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Wow, that is a mountain of extra torque, not to mention very low in the power band.

I'd happily give it a shot *if* they guarantee the results or you money back. Have a feeling that's unlikely :giggle:
Lol check the thread of the users that have tried it and discussed. Some are ok with it, but most have been disappointed. <20whp at that price point. Or more than double that performance at a fraction of the cost with no additional hardware by tuning for e. Again if performance and value takes back seat to warranty AND you plan no other tune required mods for the car then maybe the FP is an option. But outside that scenario there are definitely better options.

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Someone went on the dyno with it it was a 10r80 and they gained under 10 in horsepower and torque. Idk where they got their numbers from
Sponsored