Sponsored

2018/19 Shelby GT500 Mustang Spotted! Twin Turbo V8 Powered? [UPDATED WITH VIDEO]

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
Turbos aren't going to package guys, sorry to disappoint. They won't be able to meet Ford's minimum requirements for clearances. The only way would be nested in the Vee, and that's a massive tear up and not really feasible.

5.2 CPC and a blower.
I'd like a TT setup in the next GT500 as much as the next guy, but knowing that BMacIL is a former Ford engineer, and has been basically saying the above since last fall, I'll stick with his take on it.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd like a TT setup in the next GT500 as much as the next guy, but knowing that BMacIL is a former Ford engineer, and has been basically saying the above since last fall, I'll stick with his take on it.
Good to see some people pay attention :thumbsup:

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Turbos aren't going to package guys, sorry to disappoint. They won't be able to meet Ford's minimum requirements for clearances. The only way would be nested in the Vee, and that's a massive tear up and not really feasible.

5.2 CPC and a blower.
Well, the key here is that he's a former engineer and hasn't kept track of the latest developments. There's more than one way to solve pesky clearance problems. I just found this spy shot of the new GT500 hood being tested -- no clearance problems at all! :lol:

01-2013-mustang-cobra-jet.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the key here is that he's a former engineer and hasn't kept track of the latest developments. There's more than one way to solve pesky clearance problems. I just found this spy shot of the new GT500 hood being tested -- no clearance problems at all! :lol:

01-2013-mustang-cobra-jet.jpg
:lol:

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
What's so funny? That pic is REAL - and is proof that thePill was right and the GT500 will have a "hot-V BiTurbo TwinScroll compounded turbos". There's no other way those turbos will fit above the engine or get enough cooling than to have a hood bulge and scoop like that..

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I love being a total retard. True story.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Just gave the video another listen, I would definitely agree that it is a larger displacement CPC motor due to the sheer volume of sound in the exhaust. I did not hear the classic Voodoo FPC tone. One interesting piece of sound to me was the car was slowing down to make the right turn, I heard what sounded like lopey cams.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just gave the video another listen, I would definitely agree that it is a larger displacement CPC motor due to the sheer volume of sound in the exhaust. I did not hear the classic Voodoo FPC tone. One interesting piece of sound to me was the car was slowing down to make the right turn, I heard what sounded like lopey cams.
Huh, sure sounds like a FPC to me. And I hear one nearly every day. :)

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
ford_shelby_gt_500_2018_by_jhonconnor-dagddtc.jpg

if at least half of this could mean that it has become
:eyebulge::eyebulge::hail::hail:

Did you hear that crack?! That was the sound of the bat breaking as you knocked it out of the ballpark!!! Well done sir! :thumbsup: Now take my friggin' money!!!

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
ford_shelby_gt_500_2018_by_jhonconnor-dagddtc.jpg

if at least half of this could mean that it has become

Lots of SAI bolt-ons in that photo.

If the new GT500 comes out of SAI, Count me out. Many people will get screwed. And I'll buy a Chevy product.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
What's sai?
Sponsored