2018/19 MT82 owners - see TSB’s regarding busted 1-2 & 3-4 shift forks

Bane022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
None
Secondly, this is the first car I have ever purchased by myself (also my first manual - had to drive it 2 hours home. If only this experience was recorded I probably would of went viral on YouTube). Should I print these TSB's and bring them with me when I get in contact with someone at a service center?
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The TSB # should be sufficient, it never hurts to make sure they know what they should be looking at as some service places aren't as thorough as they should be. All the same don't worry if they can't quote them straight up as there's a lot of TSBs out there. Oh and as of now you're also having issues with gears 3 and 4, yes?

Bane022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
None
I have only had issues with the transmission not wanting to shift into second. The shifter pops out of gear as if you’re throwing a ball at a wall and it bounces back.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I have only had issues with the transmission not wanting to shift into second. The shifter pops out of gear as if you’re throwing a ball at a wall and it bounces back.
No no, you *do have an issue (hint) for the purpose of getting current and potential future issues addressed in one go.

Bane022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
None
Ohhhhhh yes that is what I meant. While I’m at it I’ll see if they’ll cover a TREMEC swap

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Ohhhhhh yes that is what I meant. While I’m at it I’ll see if they’ll cover a TREMEC swap
Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe if they had switched to Tremec only for all Mustangs but as long as the MT82 is around we'll have to deal with it's shortcomings. I'm hoping to see a swap kit put out by Ford though. I had talked to Calimer about upgrading my MT82 or swapping to a Tremec and I Was told with Magneride and rev match it's a no go. We had a bad phone connection so I might follow up with an email to see if I can get more information. Otherwise that might push me to look at the Mach 1.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe if they had switched to Tremec only for all Mustangs but as long as the MT82 is around we'll have to deal with it's shortcomings. I'm hoping to see a swap kit put out by Ford though. I had talked to Calimer about upgrading my MT82 or swapping to a Tremec and I Was told with Magneride and rev match it's a no go. We had a bad phone connection so I might follow up with an email to see if I can get more information. Otherwise that might push me to look at the Mach 1.
Rev-match relies on an internal magnet and a sensor bolted to the xmsn. It would be difficult to add those to the Tremec.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rev-match relies on an internal magnet and a sensor bolted to the xmsn. It would be difficult to add those to the Tremec.
Except that Mach 1 will have Tremec with rev matching so I'm wondering if there will be a Tremec available with that feature to swap in. Actually I don't care about rev match as I can heel and toe on track but they also mentioned it not working with Magneride. Need to look into that more though.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Except that Mach 1 will have Tremec with rev matching so I'm wondering if there will be a Tremec available with that feature to swap in. Actually I don't care about rev match as I can heel and toe on track but they also mentioned it not working with Magneride. Need to look into that more though.
The shift mechanism is not that different between Tremec and MT-82 so I suspect it is easy enough for the factory to modify the xmsn for the sensor. Don't know what effect Magneride has on it, it's getting difficult to modify our cars!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I Was told with Magneride and rev match it's a no go.
What does MagneRide have to do with the tranny??? Just curious.

Regarding the TSBs, the first and third are for 2018 vehicles. The second lists 'some 2018-2019', with no VIN range... BUT the date of that TSB was August 30, 2018. So that tells me vehicles built after that date should not be affected. Mine was built almost a year later (Aug 09, 2019), so not worried about that at all.

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does MagneRide have to do with the tranny??? Just curious.
I sent them an email to try and get a better explanation.

I suppose I could try a Barton or MGW along with the Steeda Spring I haven't installed yet. Plus a new clutch line and clutch eventually. Mach 1 sounds like a better idea more and more :).

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent them an email to try and get a better explanation.
So Magneride also monitors gear selection and speed among other things of course to determine shock settings. The current MT82 with magneride cars has a sensor for that.

mpeychev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin Peychev
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just recently lost 2nd gear, and 1st gear is definitely about to go, car is at about 33,000 miles. I'm taking my car into the dealership this Tuesday, guessing it's the forks, but who knows.

For anyone that has taken their car in. Did the new shift forks eliminate any lock out issues? Did they replace the forks that were broken, or replaced them all for preventative measures?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
2018-2019 S550's w/ MT82:

REVISED TSB's as of January 5, 2023 for the MT82 1/2 Shift Forks (22-2373) and the 3/4 Shift Forks (22/2372); see attached pdfs
Sponsored

Attachments