2018 10 speed Sloppy shifting when hot

Mad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed
Starting to get very hot out in texas other day was about 102 and i notice hour or so into the drive the shifts get very sloppy and you can feel the 3-1 downshift when it skips gear(normal) could this be from the texas heat and normal? Brief explanation Every weekend i do a hour and half drive to my girlfriends house and almost all the time there is a traffic jam on i35. Transmission gets up in the 190s and cylinder heads get up to 220 then go down to around 198. Oil life is about 30% been about 4,000 miles of casual driving mixed with some hard top speed driving. I have not got a chance to check the transmission fluid level as its on the transmission itself. Vehicle has about 17,600 miles on it so i assume it should be good. Just want to know if anyone else notices weird kind of sloppy shifts when driving in very hot weather in stop and go traffic.
Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Also live in texas and i've never noticed it. If you are in normal mode (if you have drive modes) and are driving casually - it's going to feel lazy - especially in low speed driving. The transmission adapts constantly to how you are driving. Take it out on the highway and give it a few high rpm shifts, and i guarantee it'll change the whole feel of the transmission for awhile.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you ever had the trans fluid level checked?
Sponsored