njjomo14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jomo
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Another SWEET ride! Love it!
After replacing the CF rims, I'm trying to keep the tire size the same or possibly go to 325's on the rear. Looking at PS-4's but anyone have any luck with the Toyo's or any other tire?
Sponsored

OP
OP

njjomo14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jomo
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I kept the CF but went down 10mm with a set of PS4S.

295/30
305/30

When with this set up after highly recommended my multiple sources that are much smarter than I.
Best of luck!

40586D2C-4669-4D8F-90F6-1FE6432FB698.jpeg

81D7CAF1-1A38-43FC-BEB0-A5BFFBB879D0.jpeg
did you lose any handling with the smaller tire?

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Hard to say as I only have 200 miles on the car. Logic says the original tires being a hell of a lot more sticky I’m probably loosing some performance but I really doubt it’s anything I’ll notice on the street.
I’ll report back once I and run it up to 8000rpm in another 800 miles.

Last edited:

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Hard to say as I only have 200 miles on the car. Logic says the original tired being a hello of a lot more sticky I’m probably loosing some performance but I really doubt it’s anything I’ll notice on the street.
I’ll report back once I and run it up to 8000rpm in another 800 miles.
This is interesting as I’m likely going to be done tracking my R come May as it gets too hot in Phoenix and events are too far and few between so I might consider street tires. I didn’t realize we could put those smaller tires on the CF wheels. Good to know!

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
This is interesting as I’m likely going to be done tracking my R come May as it gets too hot in Phoenix and events are too far and few between so I might consider street tires. I didn’t realize we could put those smaller tires on the CF wheels. Good to know!
Well, heat in Wisco is not so much and issue.... but I just wanted to be able to take her for a drive without have to ensure zero chance of precipitation if driving on the Cup2’s. With PS4S installed, should I hit a rain shower I’ll still have traction.

I can’t remember exactly who was the pro driver that recommended this set up, but I do recall that driver stating that the contact patch is actually pretty similar even though it’s 10mm narrower.

In the end I have 100 miles on the cup2s and 100 on the PS4S. The biggest difference I noted thus far: fewer rocks being kicked up by the tires.

Sponsored

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Well, heat in Wisco is not so much and issue.... but I just wanted to be able to take her for a drive without have to ensure zero chance of precipitation if driving on the Cup2’s. With PS4S installed, should I hit a rain shower I’ll still have traction.

I can’t remember exactly who was the pro driver that recommended this set up, but I do recall that driver stating that the contact patch is actually pretty similar even though it’s 10mm narrower.

In the end I have 100 miles on the cup2s and 100 on the PS4S. The biggest difference I noted thus far: fewer rocks being kicked up by the tires.
Curious if you are running the CF rims how the 295/305 would be better than 305/325 for the PS4S.? Was Randy Pobst the pro driver?

When I put on the Cooper's there was no evidence of tramlining at all. I never drove with the Cup 2's on but was told by this forum that the car still moved around a bunch. I assume the PS4S drive great. Wish they could handle the colder temps in NJ winters or else I would have much rather put the Michelin's on.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I went with 305 square on Shelby CS 21's. I see no appreciable loss of traction especially with street use. I have RE 71's on the car and even did a track day. While the cup 2's are much better the RE 71s were good on track and better manners on street

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
The driver who recommended that size setup for PS4S is Billy Johnson. He was heavily involved with the development and improvement of the GT350 and is probably the most credible source available in that regard.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268

Sponsored

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
So I have a guy local selling his base GT350 wheels in great condition with Pilot Super Sport’s that also look greats $1400 asking price and open to offers. Would anyone feel that throwing these on the R for some street driving would be a bad idea and save the CF for the track?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
So I have a guy local selling his base GT350 wheels in great condition with Pilot Super Sport’s that also look greats $1400 asking price and open to offers. Would anyone disagree that throwing these on the R for some street driving would be a bad idea and save the CF for the track?
Great idea for street driving

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a guy local selling his base GT350 wheels in great condition with Pilot Super Sport’s that also look greats $1400 asking price and open to offers. Would anyone feel that throwing these on the R for some street driving would be a bad idea and save the CF for the track?
nice price for that set, though realize those wheels are 14-15 lbs heavier each than your CF wheels.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
if you plan on owning the car long term, this is the way to go (separate street wheels/tires). Over long period of time, cost of extra set of wheels is negligible.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I'm not planning on more that one or two casual track days a summer so I'm just gonna swap tires mid-summer. I'm just not able to bare the thoughts of putting on hundreds (thousands?) of street miles and NOT being able to enjoy the advantages of the CF wheels.

I'll use the PS4S on CF wheels for April through June and then change to Cup2s for July and August (hopefully with a couple track days mixed in)... and back to PS4S in September through winter storage.

My local Ford dealer has the Hunter tire machine, and having watched every step of their install of the PS4S last fall.... they have my total confidence in performing these tire swaps. I gladly pay their surcharge for this elevated service.
Sponsored