Sponsored

2017 Whipple GT to Evo IX?

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
*puts on flamesuit*

Considering selling my 2017 GT w/whipple 2.9 for an 06 EVO IX. Has anybody made a similar swap or considered it? I feel like I’m over my mustang at this point and have always wanted an Evo. I don’t race the mustang, mostly just drive to work and back, occasional pulls during commute.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
How about sharing WHY you are considering switching. If for no other reason than a personal exercise of really examining that question in detail.

That might help you to make the best decision for yourself. We can't really help, it's your life.

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
How about sharing WHY you are considering switching. If for no other reason than a personal exercise of really examining that question in detail.

That might help you to make the best decision for yourself. We can't really help, it's your life.
I’m bored of my mustang honestly. It’s still a nice car, fast, and fun. Just wondering if anybody has made the switch to an Evo to get their feedback.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I’m bored of my mustang honestly. It’s still a nice car, fast, and fun. Just wondering if anybody has made the switch to an Evo to get their feedback.
You need to join an EVO forum, ask questions there.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I would not swap my 5.0 for an Evo, but would love to make that an addition. It's one of my top favorite cars out there, although the prices they are currently at make them harder to get ahold of. I had an 95' TT RX-7 in my youth & miss it dearly.

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I would not swap my 5.0 for an Evo, but would love to make that an addition. It's one of my top favorite cars out there, although the prices they are currently at make them harder to get ahold of. I had an 95' TT RX-7 in my youth & miss it dearly.
Yeah, I share that same sentiment. I don’t really want to get rid of my mustang, but I know I won’t drive it much after the acquisition of an evo. So what’s the point of keeping it? Tough decision to make lol

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yeah, I share that same sentiment. I don’t really want to get rid of my mustang, but I know I won’t drive it much after the acquisition of an evo. So what’s the point of keeping it? Tough decision to make lol
Evo on weekdays Mustang on weekends. I would have 1 car for each day if I could

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
You'll get tired of the EVO eventually if you daily it. If I were you I'd get both and see which one you like better and then sell the other one if you feel the need.

Sponsored
OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
You'll get tired of the EVO eventually if you daily it. If I were you I'd get both and see which one you like better and then sell the other one if you feel the need.
Yeah, I think we (or at least I do) become numb to the cars we daily. My 5.0 has just about every mod you could think of, and idk why I’m tired of it lol

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, I think we (or at least I do) become numb to the cars we daily. My 5.0 has just about every mod you could think of, and idk why I’m tired of it lol
I dive my f150 daily and the Roush once or twice during the week and on the weekends. Doing it that way allows me to fall in love with it every time I drive it.

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I dive my f150 daily and the Roush once or twice during the week and on the weekends. Doing it that way allows me to fall in love with it every time I drive it.
Yeah, good point. I didn’t drive mine for 6 month and when I came back it was a race car again. Now it’s just a car

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
Keep the Mustang! Get something cheap and boring to daily. I daily a Chevy Express 3500 so the Mustang never gets old.