Sponsored

2017 Sync 3.0 to 3.4 Hardware APIM Swap?

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know there are software solutions to put the 3.4 software on a 3.0 APIM. Has anyone actually done the hardware swap to put a native 3.4 APIM into a car that has the 3.0 hardware? I've been trying to find a 3.4 APIM for quite some time but so far no dice. I have a 2017 with Sync 3 (on the latest official software) with Nav.
Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hey man, try the classified ads on this site as they come up from time to time as guys are bringing their car back to stock.
Also, check HextallS550 as he has them
You can also go to car-parts.com and check there.
The best way to get them is to look for a 2019 and up with sync 3 that has nav
Hope it helps

OP
OP

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey man, try the classified ads on this site as they come up from time to time as guys are bringing their car back to stock.
Also, check HextallS550 as he has them
You can also go to car-parts.com and check there.
The best way to get them is to look for a 2019 and up with sync 3 that has nav
Hope it helps
Thanks, I have spoken with Hextall about a year ago. He's a tough guy to get in touch with. Last we talked he said he'd reach out if he saw any 2020s with Nav that were wrecked. I'm positive he's super busy and this probably isn't top on his list. You definitely can go the route of getting from Ford but its difficult to find a dealer that will sell you an APIM that isn't original equipment on your vehicle. There seems to be no shortage of these for folks doing the 2.0 to 3.0 swap or the 4 to 8 inch screen conversion but they all appear to be 3.0 APIMs

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
He is super busy for sure
I got mines of of car-parts.com
Some sell them with the screen and others just the apim.
Just look at the ones with the pictures and see if they have nav on them.
Those are most guaranteed to be units coming with sync 3.3
You can also search for computer box not engine and you will se a few apim's listed. Just google the number off the back and you should be able to tell if it has nav. Also, make sure you get the matching vin for the number or you won't be able to get nav updates, even the payed ones.
You can put in the vin and esn on here https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home and see if it matches and you can get the updates.
Also, if you are not having luck with units from mustangs try the ford fusion. They are cheaper i have found
Sponsored