Sponsored

2017 Shelby Super Snake Wide Body Concept Unveiled

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
The Shelby wide body option will cost 35k alone most likely.
Sponsored

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Molds and tooling for a low volume selling car is expensive. 2-6k per car. Plus another 3-4k in material and 40/HR in labor. You are also taking time off the assembly to build a car that will be bought only by a small market of customers. You will be surprised - if Ford could sell them in volume maybe, but the average buyer is not getting a Shelby.
I'm not talking about a one-off trim here. I'm saying all S550s should have wide body. Shelby does this every year - they take what Ford puts out and makes it look like it should from the start... Ford should take notes. It's not like our cars look like this for safety reasons... Just make the damn thing wider

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm not talking about a one-off trim here. I'm saying all S550s should have wide body. Shelby does this every year - they take what Ford puts out and makes it look like it should from the start... Ford should take notes. It's not like our cars look like this for safety reasons... Just make the damn thing wider
While I like the car this is a terrible idea for a mass produced vehicle.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Late reply to an old thread. Obviously I have ties to SAI and there is a certain loyalty to them. Over the years, they have done some good cars and some not so good cars. Generally if Im critical of the cars, I do that in private. For those of you that have been negative as far as SAI goes, I certainly know where that comes from. Probably not going to convince some of you that thigs have changed but, things have changed/ Gary Patterson has taken over the reigns at SAI. He has been in place for a while now but fixes take time. Quality was one of the first things addressed. One of the reasons some people are loyal SAI fans is you can now sit down with Gary or Vince and tell them what you like and dont. And they actually take it in. Not saying they will change hat you want after all, you may be the only one with that particular opinion. But, try that with Ford (ok some can but very few) Shelby works hand in hand with Ford and the two are closely aligned. Reading some of the criticism's, most can be said with any aftermarket Mustang. Shelby now has the 1000, the Supersnake, the GT Heritage and is now back to the Shelby GT name as well. Honestly though, they sell a lot more trucks than cars. Im not trying to be a salesman here, I dont get paid. But some of you may want to relook at Shelby American before assuming its more of the same

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Well my experience with them so far has been good. Other than the painful waiting. Having met several of the guys including Gary P. They all seem to be very interested in what you want in the cars they are building. This is my first venture with them so time will tell. My build is a 2018 SS wide body which seems to be on of the more involved and time consuming! Just my luck. But I understand these types of things take time. Not sure about all the negative stuff but I'm pretty sure it's universal with car guys! Go to any dedicated forum and you see it. Old guys don't like new stuff new guys are never satisfied with changes to existing models .. and on and on! Example one the new GT500. It's not even been shown and half the people already hate it! Lol. Just car guys being car guys!
Sponsored