2017 R Model For Sale In Canada At MSRP - Chassis Number "HR115"

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So 3 pages of an R at MSRP in Canada and there are no Canadians who wish to purchase this car?

Harry, Why are you not all over this? Buy it, sit in it for a bit, and then sell it.
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
So 3 pages of an R at MSRP in Canada and there are no Canadians who wish to purchase this car?

Harry, Why are you not all over this? Buy it, sit in it for a bit, and then sell it.
Personally I have doubts that this car is for sale at MSRP to anyone who comes in off the street. There are less than 10 R's for sale across Canada and I believe the cheapest was listed for 104K last time I looked, and that used car had almost 4000 kms on it already.

I'd be very surprised to learn that this was for sale at MSRP, since it isn't listed on any car sales site. Maybe it is though, in which case a lucky individual whoever does snag it!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Personally I have doubts that this car is for sale at MSRP to anyone who comes in off the street. There are less than 10 R's for sale across Canada and I believe the cheapest was listed for 104K last time I looked, and that used car had almost 4000 kms on it already.

I'd be very surprised to learn that this was for sale at MSRP, since it isn't listed on any car sales site. Maybe it is though, in which case a lucky individual whoever does snag it!
Thanks and I believe your SA is spot on. However, I do know Harry well enough to say that he wouldn't make this stuff up or mislead anyone. So I guess my question stands....... What is the disposition of this car and has anyone else tried to secure it?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Thanks and I believe your SA is spot on. However, I do know Harry well enough to say that he wouldn't make this stuff up or mislead anyone. So I guess my question stands....... What is the disposition of this car and has anyone else tried to secure it?
Agreed, if it were anyone posting, I'd be in flat out disbelief. My thoughts are that it is available to special friends or acquaintances of the GSM or dealership owner who may be able to purchase the car at MSRP. The fact that it is Harry saying it is available is the only part that I feel can be trusted haha

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
The cheapest R I found up here was $101,999.00 CDN. It was White with Black OTT stripe.

Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
As of yesterday, HR115 was still available as confirmed by my relative in Fort McMurray. It's my understanding from my relative they're still willing to sell HR115 for MSRP. But also as of yesterday, the dealership still hadn't done the right thing and returned any of my money. So buyer still beware. Maybe I still own it? LOL.

The finance lady is trying to return my money though...so progress is being made.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
[MENTION=11655]ohtobbad[/MENTION] I highly doubt they will lose any value, only 70 2016's came to Canada and even assuming if that remains the same for 17's and 18's it's still only ~200 cars for Canada.

They're still for sale on autoTRADER from 105-140K!
They have been sitting at that price for months.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
They have been sitting at that price for months.
Like they would, its winter in Canada... :lol:

There were more listed that high and higher last summer and they sold, don't see these ones being any different. Not many people looking to pay big money for any sports car when you can't even drive it for 3-4months and can't even drive it home to put it in the garage.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
The saga with HR115 isn't over yet.

My relative in Fort McMurray received the GT350 welcome package from Ford a few days ago -- you all know, the one with the certificate, flat plane crank display, etc. He's planning to send it to me as a trophy, and I plan on offering it to the next owner of HR115 should he/she be on the forum and come forward to claim it.

But now the story and plot thickens. When the General Service Manager called me before I cancelled the contract, he claimed the car had been titled with my USA address. But if that's the case and the car was titled with my USA address, how did my relative in Fort McMurray receive the GT350 welcome package for HR115? :shrug:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Update:

HR115 is for sale in Stettler, AB for 99k.

310kms, used, in Aspen Fords showroom.

If it sold for MSRP it’s making its rounds now.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Love threads like this. Makes me feel like I'm on a real good old fashioned car forum.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say no to a Grabber Blue GT350R

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
SVT Only Dealers in Canada... I'm not sure why they are still doing this. I've been hearing for a few years now that Ford is going to dump this 'SVT Only' thing.
This rumour was around even before I bought my 2007 GT500. Still hasn't happened and not likely in the near future. In 2007, there were 28 SVT dealers in all of Canada. There were 15 GT500s allocated to each dealer for a total of 420 cars. In 2006, they were told this was all they'd get for 2007. The feeding frenzy was crazy and ADMs were as high as 25K. Only one SVT dealer in Vancouver B.C. was selling at MSRP. Needless to say, they had deposits for their 15 cars within hours and started a waiting list for 2008 models. As usual, Ford was up to their tricks and in January, 2007, another 365 GT500s miraculously were pulled out of a hat for Canada and each SVT dealer got 13 more cars. The frenzy started all over again and ADMs were still nuts. I paid a $20K ADM for a car in the first allocation. Waited 7 months for it. I will never do it again, nor will I get caught up again in Ford's 'there's a sucker born every minute' marketing schemes. Within months of getting my car, they announced the 2008 GT500KR. Before I'd had my car a year, dealers I'd talked to in 2006 were calling with MSRP deals on 2007 GT500s.

Today, there may be 30 SVT dealers in Canada. There are about 450 Canadian Ford dealers in total. With the miniscule allocations Canada gets, smaller dealers would still never see any specialty cars, which is the way it is now, except SVT dealers pay Ford for being able to sell them. Why would Ford want to change that?

The Canadian base price of a GT350R ($84,388) is almost $20K more than the U.S. I know that over the years, regular Ford dealers in Canada have ordered specialty cars from designated SVT dealers using various and probably questionable methods. They put some miles on them and then sell as used, but still at grossly inflated prices. I believe that once the following years models are on the market, these 'used' cars can be sold into the U.S. In U.S. dollars an $84,000 Canadian car is about $60,000, but keep in mind that the warranty on most cars designated for new sale in Canada will not be honored once it's re-titled to a U.S. address.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Update:

HR115 is for sale in Stettler, AB for 99k.

310kms, used, in Aspen Fords showroom.

If it sold for MSRP it’s making its rounds now.
Here's an update of my own on HR115. Northstart Ford never refunded the $2300 remainder of my money. After promising they would, provided I submitted bank receipts, they eventually quit returning my calls and emails. After the last update, I probably only tried contacting them one last time, and then I gave up. They basically waited me out and made me lose interest in pursuing the refund.

I still have the Owner's Supplement for HR115. My offer to send it to the rightful owner, at my expense, still stands. Anybody who buys HR115, just contact me and I'll make sure you get the owner's supplement.

In the meantime, owning HR278 is wonderful.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
The Canadian base price of a GT350R ($84,388) is almost $20K more than the U.S. I know that over the years, regular Ford dealers in Canada have ordered specialty cars from designated SVT dealers using various and probably questionable methods. They put some miles on them and then sell as used, but still at grossly inflated prices. I believe that once the following years models are on the market, these 'used' cars can be sold into the U.S. In U.S. dollars an $84,000 Canadian car is about $60,000, but keep in mind that the warranty on most cars designated for new sale in Canada will not be honored once it's re-titled to a U.S. address.
The 3-year powertrain warranty does transfer with the car to anywhere in the world. It's the extra 5-year warranty that doesn't transfer outside of the country of origin.
Sponsored