Sponsored

2017 mustangs lightning, grabber blue and white platnium

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I think you may be wrong ,i have a white car a ford for over 6 years its still a very bright shinny white.I also have a black ford same age ,the black has faded a little.plus i see every scratch.
Also on dark colors blue ,blacks reds etc you tend to see a lot more swirl marks in the paint.The black one i have to wax all the time to look good ,my white once a year.I have owned 4 white cars all looked good. But maybe lightning blue for a change .Just a lot more waxing to keep it looking good..
That was the opinion from Ford salesman. I like white. The main issue I see with white is it shows dirt and mud easily.
Sponsored

Sound_SS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Trailblazer SS
sorry just my opinion, I dont think its a good color replacement for DIB
not just your opinion. i was strongly leaning lightning blue until i saw a fusion in person with the color and couldn't believe it was the same color as the pics i've seen online. horrible in the sun! finally saw a mustang in lightning blue and it confirmed what i had seen earlier. i had been hoping it was going to be something like the sonic blue from a few years back. lightning blue looks like ford invited children to come up with a blue they liked. its not a classy color that fits a sports car, more like something i would expect to see on a cheap fiesta

CrayonBox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 5.0 Mustang LB OTT Silver LN Wheels
not just your opinion. i was strongly leaning lightning blue until i saw a fusion in person with the color and couldn't believe it was the same color as the pics i've seen online. horrible in the sun! finally saw a mustang in lightning blue and it confirmed what i had seen earlier. i had been hoping it was going to be something like the sonic blue from a few years back. lightning blue looks like ford invited children to come up with a blue they liked. its not a classy color that fits a sports car, more like something i would expect to see on a cheap fiesta
I am still waiting to see lightning blue movement video in the sun from all angles.... anyone? I can't believe how many comments here are :thumbsup: or :doh:. There seems to be no 'maybes' .

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Love that pearl white. I had a pearl white 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 and would get compliments on it all the time. It wasn't until I found out how much it was going to cost to repaint the front bumper due to rock chips did I realize I should have gone with a different color. As much as I'm jealous of this new color, I'm glad I went with oxford white. I'll admire this awesome color from afar lol.
Think about the fact there are white mustangs everywhere and you dont see the pearl in this new color until your right up on it. There are hardly any lightening blues out there at all so you would be one of the few with 1. I bet when we go to the american muscle show where there are over 4500 mustangs you will see 5 lightening blues and 500 white cars. White is white weather its pearl or not.
Its not pearl... pearl and metallic behave very different with sunlight. Its name states its metallic. Its white platinum metallic tri-coat

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Here is my White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat the day i picked it up. This is how it looks pretty dirty. I didnt let them do anything to the car during the pdi process as far as touching the paint or removing any stickers or plastic.

It needed virtually zero paint correction because i didnt let them touch the paint. These two finished pictures of it not in direct lighting pictures unfortunately, of it detailed. Ive not gotten any direct light exposure pictures yet. Its rather low light in the pictures actually.

The following products were used on the exterior
Foam cannoned with Optimum Car wash
Carpro Iron X
3d nano tech skin cloth (new clay bar type technology)
Griots Boss Da
Shine company classic polish
Menzerna Powerlock
Auto finesse spirit

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its not pearl... pearl and metallic behave very different with sunlight. Its name states its metallic. Its white platinum metallic tri-coat
Im familiar with the color, i used to sell chevy's with pearl white metallic...

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Im familiar with the color, i used to sell chevy's with pearl white metallic...
Pearl paint jobs and metallic are not the same. Unless chevy was dumb enough to name it pearl when its metallic was their own stupidity. Either way, referring to this as pearl would still be incorrect.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Either way that paint is something you may want on a luxury sedan or suv rather then a muscle car!

2013 Malibu in pearl white and yes it has metallic in the paint:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm digging that white.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That was the opinion from Ford salesman. I like white. The main issue I see with white is it shows dirt and mud easily.
Silver is the best for hiding dust, dirt and water spots. It also shows off the lines of the S550 better than any other color. I love my guard, but there's days I wish I had gotten Ingot silver.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Either way that paint is something you may want on a luxury sedan or suv rather then a muscle car!

2013 Malibu in pearl white and yes it has metallic in the paint:

Better tell bmw to stop putting it on their M3 that its not for sports cars.

Do you even know how many sports cars are offered in white pearls or white metallics? Stop saying opinion based comments. This color is not just for luxury cars and suvs. Thats sophistry. Ps the mustang is a pony car not a muscle car. Next youre going to say white is a girls color. Come on...

Someone needs to tell chevy to stop being stupid because pearl white isnt metallic and metallic isnt pearl. You have one or the other, not both.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok then American muscle better change their name then...lol

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cj pony parts sells focus st parts whats your point? August 13th is the biggest mustang show on the east coast, there will be no f-150's or focus st 's in the show. Over 4000 stangs ,oh excuse me mustangs, will be there. I wonder why they didnt rename the show the American Pony show?

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Would you care to elaborate the diffrences in the two names.
Sponsored