2017 mustangs lightning, grabber blue and white platnium

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
the pearl white look great on the mustang, thats why we traded in our oxford white ecoboost for it. we have this color on our fusion as well.
IMG_0251 copy.JPG

2017 gt stripe 3.jpg

2017 gt stripe 1.jpg

2017 GT stripe 2.jpg

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Had Lightning Blue been available in MY 15, I would have ordered it in a hot second. Came THIS close to getting DIB, but it's just too dark and too purple for me. LB is gorgeous.

zeeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OXFORD WHITE GT AUTO MY17
Im still tossing up between lightning blue and white platinum.Like them both .I originally ordered magnetic,which is also a very nice color.But just a bit too dark for me ,want a color that pops.
Need more good pictures!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Lightening blue is the color.....

Sponsored

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Love that pearl white. I had a pearl white 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 and would get compliments on it all the time. It wasn't until I found out how much it was going to cost to repaint the front bumper due to rock chips did I realize I should have gone with a different color. As much as I'm jealous of this new color, I'm glad I went with oxford white. I'll admire this awesome color from afar lol.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Im still tossing up between lightning blue and white platinum.Like them both .I originally ordered magnetic,which is also a very nice color.But just a bit too dark for me ,want a color that pops.
Need more good pictures!

maybe I can help you out here. When I was initially shopping for my Mustang. I was looking at DIB, Race Red and Oxford white. A salesman told me that white being a nice color needs constant care. Like polishing all the time. If not, after a few short years , the color starts to fade into a greyish white. After hearing that , white immediately dropped off my list. He said DIB will still look nice after 10 years. You can thank me later. :D

zeeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OXFORD WHITE GT AUTO MY17
maybe I can help you out here. When I was initially shopping for my Mustang. I was looking at DIB, Race Red and Oxford white. A salesman told me that white being a nice color needs constant care. Like polishing all the time. If not, after a few short years , the color starts to fade into a greyish white. After hearing that , white immediately dropped off my list. He said DIB will still look nice after 10 years. You can thank me later. :D
I think you may be wrong ,i have a white car a ford for over 6 years its still a very bright shinny white.I also have a black ford same age ,the black has faded a little.plus i see every scratch.
Also on dark colors blue ,blacks reds etc you tend to see a lot more swirl marks in the paint.The black one i have to wax all the time to look good ,my white once a year.I have owned 4 white cars all looked good. But maybe lightning blue for a change .Just a lot more waxing to keep it looking good..

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Think about the fact there are white mustangs everywhere and you dont see the pearl in this new color until your right up on it. There are hardly any lightening blues out there at all so you would be one of the few with 1. I bet when we go to the american muscle show where there are over 4500 mustangs you will see 5 lightening blues and 500 white cars. White is white weather its pearl or not.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It's a classic Mustang colour! First introduced on the '69 Shelby, then made popular on the '70 Boss 302.

Personally, I think it needs some black (wheels/stripes) to tone it down, but then it looks sensational :headbang:

Phew.... that is sexy.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
that white is excellent! saw a lightening blue on the road a few weeks ago, terrible replacement for DIB, no pop at all

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that white is excellent! saw a lightening blue on the road a few weeks, terrible replacement for DIB, no pop at all
Your color blind... Lol

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT