2017 Mustang GT vs 2022 C8 vette best race of the year !

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
He probably punched it and let off when he hit the speed limit.
Uh, if the C8 driver blew his doors off the line, then let off…
Who races to 60mph?
That's called stoplight to stoplight.
lol, none of which is considered “street racing”…some of y’all need to get out more and see what happens after 10pm in a city of over 100k population.

nobody…and I mean NOBODY races to 55mph except corvette owners, or cars that know they will get waxed about 120 😂

if you are doing stoplight to stoplight, you are still at the kiddies table at Thanksgiving dinner 😉

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
if you are doing stoplight to stoplight, you are still at the kiddies table at Thanksgiving dinner 😉
Our stoplights are 1/4 mile apart.:like:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Oh children... my lightly modded GT would also smoke a c8. This beauty has nothing more than a vintage flux capacitor slapped in place of the passenger seat (weight savings, no room for biggins to ride shotgun). With a whopping 1.21 gigawatts, once this v8 goodness roars to 88 mph, I experience a visceral time vortex that spits me out 3 seconds in the past.

It's skillfully timed so that, the moment the c8 pulls ahead and loses vision of me, the driver will then see me appear way ahead of them. Yes, flames and sparks as well. I must confess that I am worried about causing some sort of tear in the space time continuum, due to a bit of overlap of existing at the same time as my past self. If this thread is true then I fear I may have, in fact, already caused irreparable damage...

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
lol, none of which is considered “street racing”…some of y’all need to get out more and see what happens after 10pm in a city of over 100k population.

nobody…and I mean NOBODY races to 55mph except corvette owners, or cars that know they will get waxed about 120 😂

There's a difference between the "spot" and a random stop light encounter. I'd rather race at the strip, because most "spots" are kiddie hangouts.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

Exactly

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I nominate @WildHorse for the Andy Kaufman award. Well played sir.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6

maybe for kids who live at home with their parents and work at the cell phone kiosk in the mall from 4pm-9pm every Tuesday and Thursday. For grown folk who own houses and have careers and can lose everything doing something like street racing into the triple digits, well we're satisfied with little bursts to 60 MPH. The Corvette guy did the respectable thing. He had some spirited fun and let off which shows maturity and restraint. Some kid decides to keep blasting down the road long after it was more than obvious that the run was over and you applaud that? And believe me I've seen these 10 pm racers. They aren't people I would want anything to do with anyway. 15 minutes and all you're hear is 20 doods yelling "hey bro", "nah bro", "yo, yo, yo bro", "come on bro", "let's race bro", "your car is whack bro", "hey look at my cap on backwards bro". These aren't future doctors, lawyers, or business owners.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
K.. Are we done yet ? Or you just mad cause my whip is light years faster than yours. This is a easy multiple choice.. as I know some peoples brain capacity is limited.
At best you'll get the jump on me. And then I'll blow past you by the middle of 2nd.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
maybe for kids who live at home with their parents and work at the cell phone kiosk in the mall from 4pm-9pm every Tuesday and Thursday. For grown folk who own houses and have careers and can lose everything doing something like street racing into the triple digits, well we're satisfied with little bursts to 60 MPH. The Corvette guy did the respectable thing. He had some spirited fun and let off which shows maturity and restraint. Some kid decides to keep blasting down the road long after it was more than obvious that the run was over and you applaud that? And believe me I've seen these 10 pm racers. They aren't people I would want anything to do with anyway. 15 minutes and all you're hear is 20 doods yelling "hey bro", "nah bro", "yo, yo, yo bro", "come on bro", "let's race bro", "your car is whack bro", "hey look at my cap on backwards bro". These aren't future doctors, lawyers, or business owners.
You are right they are not future doctors, lawyers or business owners. They are already doctors, lawyers or business owners. And believe me a lot of lawyers and business owners do plenty of illegal shit. All those guys I see racing and or doing highway pulls in 6 figure cars EVERY summer weekend are kids working at phone kiosk? Nope

You just don`t realize how common it is.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
As a multiple homes owner, multiple businesses owner and multiple college degrees how the fuck can you afford $10k, $15k, $25k builds + the actual car working part time on a cellphone kiosk? Are we selling drugs on thr side? Lol i need to know because i want in…

people running +900 whp cars usually make decent money…

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
I for one want to race this guy. I am running a very modest 1k+ twin turbo setup and a hand built engine... I can probably gap him from the launch but I think once he hits 2nd its game over.

He simply shifts too good.

15 - Steeda - 1