2017 Mustang GT vs 2022 C8 vette best race of the year !

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You DID NOT catch a C8 by the middle of 2nd gear in your GT on any type of race after getting hole shotted. The only reason you caught him and passed is because he came off the gas. I have been to the track. I have raced just about everything out there. If your GT was somehow a full second faster in the quarter mile and got hole shotted, it would still take the entirety of a quarter mile just to catch him. Even if you ran a faster time, after getting hole shotted, you will not catch and pass the other car for a long time unless something happened to their car or they lost traction at the 1-2 shift or they missed a gear (impossible with an auto) or some other mishap. That is a 495 HP C8 with an 8sp DCT that shifts faster than anything you have ever experienced and is designed to put all of it's power to those tires. It has more power than your car, weighs less than your car, has better traction than your car even if you had DRs, has better aero than your car, does 0-60 in less than 3 seconds, and does a low 11 second bone stock. If there was any chance on this or any other planet that you could catch him, it will not be in the middle of second. And most definitely not in a 17 GT with minor bolt ons. The only reason you caught him and passed him is because he let off the gas and you stayed in it. Now if you want to be arrogant and resist everyone on here telling you the same thing, then by all means go right on ahead. But you are severely mistaken. And trust me, I love the GT. But you need to face facts and listen.
All of this. The C8 is stupid fast bone stock. My brother in law has one and we’ve talked about going somewhere to see how my A10 GT and his C8 do up against each other. We’re probably equal skill driving wise and I have no doubt I’ll be looking at his taillights the whole way.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The c8's whole party trick is a fast 0-100. If you had said you reeled him in on a 60 roll I could maybe believe it, but you can't outshift a DCT lol 🤷‍♂️

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I have a 19 Roush RS3 with P2 Tune, lots of suspension work, running Borla S AE Cat-back. Car from a roll is just flat fast and even with TC on have to be careful. From a launch-forget it. Just no traction and have to be really careful through 2nd gear.

I've done a roll against a C8 from 60.......he jumped out and I just reeled him in and gapped him pretty quick. I rolled out to 7K RPM in 3rd/4th gear and then backed off. That said, I am smart enough not to run against a C8 from a launch.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I have a 19 Roush RS3 with P2 Tune, lots of suspension work, running Borla S AE Cat-back. Car from a roll is just flat fast and even with TC on have to be careful. From a launch-forget it. Just no traction and have to be really careful through 2nd gear.

I've done a roll against a C8 from 60.......he jumped out and I just reeled him in and gapped him pretty quick. I rolled out to 7K RPM in 3rd/4th gear and then backed off. That said, I am smart enough not to run against a C8 from a launch.
Yea I've done a few 60 rolls against C8s, it's the absolute sweet spot for a 500...they don't even jump out just get demolished, but I wouldn't race one from a dig either unless I had room to do at least a quarter mile. But the 17 GT with an exhaust and a tune reeled him in lol.....

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Let's see a 1/4 mile time slip for your car, you said the vette guy has a 11.50, I'd like to what your '17 actually runs, I'm guessing high 12's/low 13's

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Took my F150 to the T&T just to see how it would run. It ran 14.01 at 94 or something close to that.

One pass I lined up against a nova race car with 12.XX on the window. I treed him I cut an 005 light to his ..085 and it took till the 1000 foot mark before he passed me by, I really thought I was going to win that race.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
lol…some of y’all need to get out more 😬

***the above posting has no warranty express or implied, shake well before serving, your mileage may vary and do not leave in direct sunlight***

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Just the idea of you having enough traction and power to reel and pass something capable of 0-60 in under 3 seconds in the 1st to 2nd shift with a mustang that is not even full fbo is absurd. Specially when all of us here have mustangs too… 720s, turbo s, plaid, fbo gtr, tuned m3/m4 xdrive is the kind of cars that come to mind that can do something like that that fast

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Hmmm.. didn't know you were there. HERE's a pro tip for you: Learn to drive your car.
I spent a lot of time perfecting street digs. Spent a lot of time setting my car up for
street digs. Cause that's what I do. Result: beat some cars I shouldn't have. Ain't THAT
hard to do.

Now it ain't my problem that some of you's have ZERO clue what yer doing. Seems the
only thing you's can do is just bitch/whine/complain on how it 'didn't happen'.

100% laughable. Not with you... AT you.

Carry on...
At least someone gets it!

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just the idea of you having enough traction and power to reel and pass something capable of 0-60 in under 3 seconds
Another one that just don't get it. Go back to yer sandbox.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Idc that you think you mastered your launch. You still won’t beat a c8 launch control from 1st to 2nd… he released the gas after gapping you from the dig regardless you like to admit it or not… if your story was i reel him up and beat it at the top, yeah, totally believable… 1st to 2nd from the dig? Lmao. But ok.

that’s the beauty of technology… you can spend countless hours mastering your launch… i can press the brake, press the gas and as soon as i release the brake pedal, i know I’m launching harder and faster than you…specially on the street…

Wheel Designers